Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Esmerldas Esmerldas
Colorado Springs, CO

Bear Log – Travel Date, Saturday, April 8, 2006

Day 2 of the big convention.  Most of today I was in the booth, listening to all kinds of people talk about bears and other animals.  Bear makers talked about fur types and how to dye things and doing noses and eyes and ears.

Today there was a front page article in the local newspaper here about the Convention.  There were pictures of bears and lots of information about the history of the teddy bear and of the convention.

During the show, the people who came to visit got to vote on the Best in Show bears by putting the number of their favorite bear in the ballot box. 

After the show closed today, there was a vendor reception.  There was cheese and crackers and shrimp and brownies….very yummy!

scott3.jpgshellie3.jpg

During the reception the results of the Best of Show voting were announced.  The winners this year were:  3rd place, a tie between Donna Butts and Connie Alexander; 2nd place, Scott MacKenzie and 1st place, Kimberly Welton.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Bev, it's great that you got a pic of Scott accepting his Best of Show award from Charles.  I missed that one. 

Also, how nice it is to be in a photo that I didn't pre-arrange to be in.  Those "candid" shots of me are truly few and far between, esp. ones with my husband by my side, since I tend to be the photographer of the family.  So thanks for posting that!  It was really fun. Charles is such a good sport; he never minds it when those ridiculous clowns stick balloons on his head and a sticker nose on his face.  Me, I'd have whacked them sideways, but good!  Laughing here...

bear_original

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Bev,
     I've really enjoyed your posts - it's nice to see pictures of everything, when it's too far away to attend!

Hugs,

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Really cool photos, Bev . . . loving your report!

Board footer