Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Mowzel.jpgAfter going boggle eyed on the internet for the past couple of hours without success, I'm need to put out a plea for help!

Does anyone know where I can find some brown satin, double sided ribbon which is 2.5ish" wide (as per photo)?  Sounds like such a simple request doesn't it?  But I can't find any and my local supplier doesn't have it in stock now that I need it urgently.  (Always the way!) :(

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very grateful. :)

Thanks!

Have a great weekend. bear_tongue bear_laugh

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Hiya Paula. I will have a look for you when I'm out and about. The smallest things can really drive you mad. Sorry I can't be more help.

Kent
Website

Thank you Amanda - that's very kind!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, GREAT bear, Paula!  The ribbon looks more maroon or burgundy than brown on my monitor.  You might Google "ribbon suppliers" or something like that and see what you can come up with online.  If I'm ever stumped to find something or need any kind of info, I always resort to Google!!  bear_laugh

Kent
Website

Thanks Sue Ann!  I've found some beautiful ribbon (for example check out www.mjtrim.com) but nothing is quite what I need.  Mind you, if I can work out the international ordering from this company (sadly, no secure online facility for overseas customers) I may well be tempted to add to my stash!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That is a GREAT site, Paula!!  I'll have to add it to my list of faves!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hey Paula
try the American Ribbon Company on the net-I'd put down the URL  But can't ever seem to get it to work
Anyway-try it, they have good prices and just about every color you could want

americanribbon.com/catalog/customter

Dilu

Kent
Website

Thank you for the link Dilu - it's really useful! I shall bookmark it for future reference, but sadly, this time, the plain satin ribbon isn't fat enough. 

I am amazed at how hard it is to track down fat ribbon!

Kent
Website

Thanks Jean - I took a look at the weekend, but will do so again. bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Paula,
As I always love to search for ribbons and have NOTHING else to be doing with my time bear_grin:lol::lol: I had fun surfing the internet for your ribbon. I don't know if any of these will help you but here goes:

http://www.beaucoupribbon.com/doublefac … npage2.htm
http://www.artisticribbon.com/2004Satin.htm
http://www.schiffribbons.com/ribbon_det … ter+Satins

I've forgotten if any of these had 2.5" cause I've looked at so many sites! It seems it's either 2.25 or 2.75" that is available.

Good luck, Paula! Sorry if these don't help!
Daphne

Kent
Website

Great links Daphne - thank you!  Unfortunately, I got all excited by the first two especially as they had exactly what I need ... then I read further and realised I'd have to order a fortune's worth at a time. bear_sad  I only need about three metres.  This is a problem I keep coming up against.  The ribbon seems to be accessible in the US but there are either expensive minimum order requirements, or ridiculous shipping costs (one site has a $24 shipping charge to the UK ... seems an awful lot for a little bit of ribbon!)

So, I'm almost, but not quite there! 

Thanks for your help.  I really appreciate it. bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Paula-
BUMMER! I didn't look at quantity or shipping $$. That's just crazy!
I wonder.... perhaps I could order it, split the quantity with you - I LOVE the wide dbl faced satin - and then ship your half to you. It would be a couple of weeks before you had it but would cost oh so much less! You could pay me via paypal for you portion. Just a thougt! I saw lots of neat ribbons I just might add to the order!:)
Daphne

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Actually, I am a total ribbon slave.  I'd love to make it third-sies with you two ladies, and I can send payment for my portion (send to California) by PayPal.

Wanna go in on it together?  I don't even know what you're talking about, but if it's satin, and double faced, I'm game to add it to my supply basket.

Have I ever shown you my ribbon rack; the one my dad made for me?  Check this thing out! 

shelli_ribbon_station_closer.jpg

I also have a basket in which I keep smaller scraps, not on spools.

Teamwork, girls!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
Shelli wrote:

Wanna go in on it together?  I don't even know what you're talking about, but if it's satin, and double faced, I'm game to add it to my supply basket.

HA!:lol: You're as bad as I am, Shelli! I have absolutely no need for ribbon but I'm such a 'holic' about stuff like that.... fabric, ribbon, mohair, greeting cards, buttons, baskets, table linen & dishes.... yup, that about covers it!

Anyway, YES, by all means... when Paula wakes up (it's the middle of the night over there!) and lets us know if she wants 'in' and where she wants to order from we can go on a ribbon buying spree. I"ll collect the $$ and have the order sent here then off to you.

Daphne

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Daphne......
If you'll  have some more of the ribbon to
share, can I go join too !?
I can pay buy paypal too.(in US dollar )  :)
I love ribbons too !

Shelli: Your rack is wonderful ribbon station !! Thank you for the pics.

Bear Hugs/Marie

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

The more the merrier, Marie!

Anyone else??

Kent
Website

My goodness what a lovely offer!  What stars you all are!  Daphne, that's a super idea.  I'd be very happy to make a direct Paypal payment to you.  The only trouble is, the ribbon I require, is from the first link you suggested and it only comes in a 50metre roll in the 2 3/4" width (although they do offer complimentary shipping to a US address) and it costs ... wait for it ... $175 dollars!  Gulp.  So, I'm not sure it's going to be feasible.  I have just emailed the company to ask if they will sell smaller quantities - I'll let you know if I hear back from them.

Shelli, I am in awe of your organised station!!!  It's beautiful!!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Paula,
Jeesh!!! Well, that was the wedding supply site so I guess they figure you'll have lots of bows make!! Which shade of brown were you looking at? Perhaps there are enough of us here to split 54 yards!?!?!?!?! That's a lot of bear necks!!!! Yikes!! Do let us know if they'll ship a smaller quantity!
Daphne

Board footer