Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Esmerldas Esmerldas
Colorado Springs, CO

Bear Log – Travel Date, Sunday, April 9, 2006

Today was the last day of the convention.  I went out to visit with more people.

While I was out, I had my picture taken with Zippy the Clown.  He has been part of the entertainment with the Swan Bros. Flying Teddy Bear Circus all three days of the convention.

zippy.jpg

When I visited at Bev Dodd’s table, I found long nosed bears that were very interesting.

bev-2.jpg

I also went back to visit at Donna Butts’ table and check out her third place winner in the Best of Show contest.  WOW!

donna.jpg

I wanted to visit again with the bear that won second place in the Best of Show contest at Scott MacKenzie’s table, but that bear had gone to a new home, so I was too late.

At the end of the day the group from Teddy Talk gathered for a picture together.  Aren’t we a cute group!

group.jpg

The Teddy-Talk gang, from left to right:  Shellie Heinemann (Potbelly Bears); Donna Butts (Yosemite Bearworks); Donna Mettling (The Bruin Sisterhood); Bev Dodd (Bev’s Bears); Virginia Jasmer (Jazzbears); Lois the Cub Reporter (me!) and Bev Haring (Esmerldas).

We’re really tired and ready to head home, but we’re already marking our calendars for next year’s convention.  Be sure to mark yours for April 13, 14 and 15, 2007, and join us in Nevada City for the 24th Annual International Teddy Bear Convention.  (Yes, you’ll have to complete your taxes before you come, but we promise it will be worth your while!)

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, you’ll have to complete your taxes before you come, but we promise it will be worth your while!

Or, you can get too busy to do so, and file for an extension, like some people I know...  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Great to see the pictures of all the Teddy Talk members! Thanks Bev!

Hugs,

Brenda

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Bev,
You missed Scott in the group picture!
Donna

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Thanks for the report, Bev!

Esmerldas Esmerldas
Colorado Springs, CO
Donna wrote:

Bev,
You missed Scott in the group picture!
Donna

And shame on me!!!  Yes folks, that's Scott MacKenzie back there, winner of one of the Best in Show awards and general all around nice guy!!

A thousand pardons Scott

Board footer