Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Sandys-12-in-teddy.jpgI haven't been making bears for a couple of months, and had to get this order done before Christmas.  I am really pleased with how he turned out.  My customer wanted him "plain", with black eyes, and no eye whites, and no air brushing - but I just had to wax his little brown nose.  He is 12" tall, and comes with his little "buddy" - a purchased mini from Michael's.

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I am sure your customer will be pleased Jane-he is gorgeous bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub It shows how bears can still look lovely even without all the extras bear_thumb
Laurie :hug:

bea Lodve (Hrault)

adorable bear :clap:  :clap:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

He is so beautiful, he really doesn't need any extras  bear_wub  bear_wub

Pauline

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

He is a real beauty, Jane!  What a sweet face!  Great job trimming too!!!

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

He is just beautiful indeed! bear_thumb  bear_thumb  :hug:  :hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Just gorgeous Jane!   :hug:  bear_wub

Kim Basta

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Perfect! I love his outfit too.  bear_wub

Regards

Lisa

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Jane, I am a HUGE fan of your delightful bears and I hope to add one to hug some day. I absolutely love this little lad and I'm sure you customer will be thrilled!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

He's perfect in his simplicity.   bear_wub  bear_wub

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

BEAUTIFUL, Jane!  I adore him in all his sweet, little boyish glory.

I hope what's been keeping you from bearmaking has been something fun about which you're passionate.  Like lampworking, maybe... ?

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I think it take real skill to create a perfect 'no frills' bear and you definitely have that skill nailed!  He's a beautiful soulful bear and I'm so pleased you are sharing your work with us again!  bear_thumb

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

He's a beautiful little boy. I love all you bears.

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Thanks everyone - you make me feel quite embarrased.  My friend came and picked him up today, and was really pleased with him.  I still have a little bit of that fur left, so I hope it is enough to make another, as I was quite pleased with how he turned out.  Knowing me though, I will just have to "muck" around with him and do some airbrushing - I'll try to control myself.

Yes, Shelli, I have been lampworking.  I had a table at a craft fair a couple of weeks ago, and was madly getting ready for that.  I could have saved myself the trouble though - there were very few customers come in the door!  It was the worst attended craft fair I have been to in my 30+ years of doing various types of fairs.  Anyway - back to the bears for now.  I find it very hard to do both bears and lampworking at the same time.  They are both so intense that I need to concentrate on only one at a time.  So it may be a case of a month of bears and a month of beads.

Board footer