Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Sandys-12-in-teddy.jpgI haven't been making bears for a couple of months, and had to get this order done before Christmas.  I am really pleased with how he turned out.  My customer wanted him "plain", with black eyes, and no eye whites, and no air brushing - but I just had to wax his little brown nose.  He is 12" tall, and comes with his little "buddy" - a purchased mini from Michael's.

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I am sure your customer will be pleased Jane-he is gorgeous bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub It shows how bears can still look lovely even without all the extras bear_thumb
Laurie :hug:

bea Lodve (Hrault)

adorable bear :clap:  :clap:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

He is so beautiful, he really doesn't need any extras  bear_wub  bear_wub

Pauline

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

He is a real beauty, Jane!  What a sweet face!  Great job trimming too!!!

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

He is just beautiful indeed! bear_thumb  bear_thumb  :hug:  :hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Just gorgeous Jane!   :hug:  bear_wub

Kim Basta

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Perfect! I love his outfit too.  bear_wub

Regards

Lisa

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Jane, I am a HUGE fan of your delightful bears and I hope to add one to hug some day. I absolutely love this little lad and I'm sure you customer will be thrilled!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

He's perfect in his simplicity.   bear_wub  bear_wub

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

BEAUTIFUL, Jane!  I adore him in all his sweet, little boyish glory.

I hope what's been keeping you from bearmaking has been something fun about which you're passionate.  Like lampworking, maybe... ?

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I think it take real skill to create a perfect 'no frills' bear and you definitely have that skill nailed!  He's a beautiful soulful bear and I'm so pleased you are sharing your work with us again!  bear_thumb

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

He's a beautiful little boy. I love all you bears.

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Thanks everyone - you make me feel quite embarrased.  My friend came and picked him up today, and was really pleased with him.  I still have a little bit of that fur left, so I hope it is enough to make another, as I was quite pleased with how he turned out.  Knowing me though, I will just have to "muck" around with him and do some airbrushing - I'll try to control myself.

Yes, Shelli, I have been lampworking.  I had a table at a craft fair a couple of weeks ago, and was madly getting ready for that.  I could have saved myself the trouble though - there were very few customers come in the door!  It was the worst attended craft fair I have been to in my 30+ years of doing various types of fairs.  Anyway - back to the bears for now.  I find it very hard to do both bears and lampworking at the same time.  They are both so intense that I need to concentrate on only one at a time.  So it may be a case of a month of bears and a month of beads.

Board footer