Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Pleeeeease could someone help me??!

I'm trying to list one of my bears on ebay.com (would have listed on ebay.co.uk as I usually do but it's luck of the draw whether it shows up on .com lately!). I've never listed on ebay.com before and it's slowly driving me mad!!!

It keeps asking for a valid zip code....well i don't have one - I'm in the UK! I've removed my UK postcode and just put my item location but it still keeps asking for a valid zip code.

I know that there are a few of you in the UK who list on ebay.com (where are you Jenny hun??!) and was just wondering how the hell you manage to do it?  bear_wacko

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Hi Gemma, I think a while back, there is a post, I know Jenny and a few other had a prob, the clever things did sort it though.
I list via auctivia and didn't have a zip code prob, although my last listing via .UK, took ages to appear on US, not sure why though.
Good luck bear_thumb

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Gemma, I just looked through the search topics and found the convo when lots of others were having the same problem. 
http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=19660
Ellen worked it out and I tried following her steps and it worked last year.  Good luck, I hope this helps save your sanity  bear_original

Hugs
Catherine
xx

East Sussex

Thanks girls!  :hug:

Catherine, can't seem to find that thread.

I've just finished 'talking' to LiveHelp and what good were they??! No good! All I was told is 'the best thing to do is to list on ebay.co.uk or if you have a US address list on .com and then the error message won't appear'!!! Well, duh! I asked about the likelyhood of my listing showing on .com if I listed it on .co.uk and she said 'as long as you put Worldwide postage it'll show up on .com'........I think we all know that isn't the case most of the time!! And after waiting for nearly 10 minutes to get connected to an advisor!  bear_sad

Aaaaarrrggghhhh!

East Sussex

Oops, sorry Catherine, just noticed you've added a link.....I'll go check it out!  :hug:

East Sussex

OK, I've read the thread and THINK i got the hang of it....well, I've finally got past the flippin 'create your listing' page but when I preview my auction it says ships to: United States instead of Worldwide, even though I put Worldwide in the listing options......my brain hurts!  bear_wacko  :doh:

K Pawz Guest

Hi Gemma, I think I recall from the last thread that it has something to do with flat shipping cost?

hope that helps a bit.
Hugs,
Krista

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Gemma I had this problem just before Christmas and boy can I relate to 

my brain hurts!

I was listing, or trying too, by using my template, but for some reason it kept taking out the backing colour of the template and then was the Zip thingy...I spent ages, three times, on live help...they were c**p (Sorry) but in the end I went through the UK ebay and it did show up on the .com site (luckily)
Poor you Gemma, I do hope you can sort it out, good luck.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I've sold through .com but had the same problem Gemma.  It was really frustrating.  From memory, I think when I adjusted the shipping somehow it finally let me list ... it was far from satisfactory!  In the end, I think I included accurate shipping details in the body of my listing and got round it that way.

On an aside, I don't use Ebay very often at all, but I have noticed that far more good quality artist bears seem to be listed on .com, rather than .co.uk and they also seem, in the main, to achieve better prices, so maybe it is worth the struggle!

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Gemma,
where it says enter a zip code, that is actually your UK postcode, I just put my four digit Australian postcode in there..I also think it's best not to put the shipping cost in there...just write it into your description.
just select shipping worldwide and the flat rate option...
You might consider downloading turbolister, that's the only way I list on all ebay sites. US UK & Aust....it's easier you can write out your listing and store it there until you want to list it...once you have downloaded turbolister you will automatically be on the UK site then you need to add the US site...if you need any help just with it just email me..
goodluck.

East Sussex

Thanks everyone for all your help!  :hug:

I finally got there and Rudy is now listed on ebay.com. It was the shipping part that was stoping me from proceeding so as soon as I put flat rate in, it let me go to the next page. I used Turbolister (I usually do) but had to install it again as this is a new (ish) laptop and it wasn't installed on there. I downloaded auctivia too but I started to try and write an auction out and it just totally confused me! I'll try it again at some point though.

Thanks again!

Board footer