Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

hi i am a new artist been making bears for family etc but have now done my website and hope to start selling my miniature bears, i would be grateful for any feedback on my bears as i wish to improve and am very critical of myself. so if anyone one can give me advise on how long things took them to start selling and what you think of my bears. i have a stall at a faitcraft in september so am trying to build some stock up. i live in portugal and the bear thing here is not happening. thanks for your time. www.bear-hands.co.uk bear_flower

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Hi Susiray, what little darlings you have on your website, and the website is so easy to navagate.  bear_original
I think you should just take the plunge and start listing your bears on a few auction sites and see what happens.
Don't be dishartened if it is slow to start off with, as people need to get to know you first.
You will find that you will improve as you go along, the main thing is to stay focussed and enjoy creating.
You might like to consider doing some of the challenges here on TT, they are a fantastic way to stretch yourself.
There is one going at the moment I think. Pandamania I think it's called.
Check it out http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=24847
I wish I had time to join in myself  bear_sad

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Susan,

I enjoyed my visit to your web-site and your bears are very sweet.

Much luck with your web-site and the stall in September.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Hi Susan,

You found us!!  I hope you enjoy TT as much as I have over the years.  Welcome :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

theKeepMeCo. Posts: 185

Welcome to Teddy Talk Susan! Your little bears are adorable. It's so nice that you donate a portion of your bear sales to help rescue dogs. I agree with Christine...take the plunge and list your bears on auction sites and post them here on TT. It will help people to become familiar with your bears. Good luck, and have fun!  bear_thumb
-Lynnette

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

thanks for feedback and visits to my site. you mention about autions do you have any websites for me to go to? does ebay come under this? you have also mention about posting them on here, how do i do that....sorry i'm bit new to the forum thing. once again thanks for advice, and the moral boost.

how much have your bears changed over the years and do you have a particular look?
i have some new additions to add to the site her is Rose.

bear_flower

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

pascal10.jpgIMG_0719.JPGIMG_1682.JPGHi Susie. You have made the first step, asking questions! Thats how we all learn. This site is fabulous, just post a question, maybe under miniatures and someone is sure to answer.

I started off making bigger bears and as I think of it pretty much make the miniatures the same way. Books are great too. Its a matter of making a bear then seeing where you could change it, and the pattern. So many bears later and you are one step nearer to where you want to be.

The panda is one of the very first bears I made, abot 13 years ago.
The other bear is one I made about three years ago when I started back making.
The last bear what I do now!

Its all a learning curve but I think keep making, keep adapting your patterns, keep asking questions!

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Hi Susan: your little bears are darling. Keep sewing. That is how you improve. I read sevral books on bear making that helped me. A couple that come to mind are:

http://www.amazon.com/Make-Enchanting-M … 045&sr=1-3

http://www.amazon.com/Making-Dressing-M … 045&sr=1-2

http://www.amazon.com/Creating-Miniatur … pd_sim_b_3

Board footer