Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

FIRST-THREE-ATC-cards-FEB06.jpgHi everybody.

I remember an ENORMOUS hoopla of excitement over the Artist Trading Card / ACEO idea not long ago, and saw some beautiful cards.  But I haven't seen any actually made available for swap or purchase!

Nancy Tillberg is also an eager advocate of this new, teddy-bear-related, marketing and promotion concept.  So much so that she's set up a portion of her new auction site specifically to address SWAP options!  Please visit Nancy's NORTH COUNTRY TEDDY BEARS site.  www.northcountryteddybears.com.  There, you will find her new auction / swap venue, BID 4 BEARS.  You can also navigate to BID 4 BEARS directly by typing www.bid4bears.com into your address bar.

The HELP menu there should walk you through any and all questions you may have about auction listings, and Nancy is always happy to help herself!

I've listed my three ATC's there and plan to make more this weekend!  It's an addictive process!  But I don't want to just hand them out... I want to get some back, as well, to start my own collection!  I'm thinking I will "steal" some of my kids' Pokemon card plastic divider thingies, to store them in, in a binder.  I'm hoping to have a full one at some point.  I can't do that without your help!

I'm including a photo reminder of what we're talking about (ATC's), for those newcomers who missed the original thread on this topic.

Thanks, people!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I would love to do some but am hesitant because I have bears that I want to work and time seems in such shart supply these days.  bear_shocked
  Shelli, you mentioned they are addicitve....I certainly believe that!  Which is also why I have not jumped on the band wagon.....yet. bear_whistle

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Me neither....yet ! I am just coming out of being sick for months..getting my bears on line to show ...but...sue want to make some cards !....I need a clone of me ...Winney

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Thanks Shelli!

I have to go to the mall this weekend to get some photos printed as I don't have a printer at home - the only thing stopping me!  I went to the scrapbook shop last week and bought far to many pretty things to play with - I blame you entirely  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

I have visitors this morning but am hoping to have time this afternoon to sit down and work out how to list a bear too   - I agree entirely that we need to support the people who put themselves on the line to set up these ventures for us.

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Thanks, Shelli ~

I will have to go over to Nancy's website to check that out.  I haven't made any yet, but there on my To Do List.

hugs,
Sheila

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

I will be adding some on Nancy's site this weekend. I already have been adding a one of a kind with each bear I send out. So far they have been received with enthusiasm by my collectors.
Sonya

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Okay.  Here's the deal.  I've just spent the last half hour trying to place a bid on Melissa's swap card.  It will only register .01 no matter how many times I up my bid!!  Can someone PLEASE tell me what I'm doing wrong.  I put in a $5.00 bid.  How come Shelli's cards register 1 bid and a dollar amount?  It's okay if you hand me the idiot stick.  I'm probably overlooking the obvious.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

I've got cards that I need to list but I'm a little confused about how it works...

For instance, Shelli, you have some cards listed. Earlier today I know "Twirl" had a bid of $3.00 on it.  So what if I want that card but would like to swap for it instead of placing a bid? I just can't grasp the whole idea of bids and swap offers being made on the same card. Who wins? Does someone who just wants to swap stand a chance if someone else has already bid money?

HELP...

Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Aleta...Firstly THANKS!  and I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your problem either!!! Hmmm....I wasn't entirely sure what I was doing when I listed it!  Ummmm I'll go in and have a look at my auction to see if it's me doing something wrong (most probably  bear_tongue )

Sandi - I'm a little confused about that too.

edited to say - I found this in the Help section
When someone makes a 'Swap Offer' you can choose to accept or decline the offer in your private Member's area under the 'Selling' tab.    If you accept the offer, the listing will close.  If you decline, it will go on.  If the listing is ended you will receive an email with the winners contact details.
Bids on your listing can continue even as swap offers are being made.  In this way you always have the option of selling your item rather than swapping it.  If the item SELLS, you will be charged an end of auction fee based on the final selling value.  If you Swap your item no fees are incurrred.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Come on girls we are waiting for you at bid 4 bears if i can do it so can you .Is there a specail size for the cards ?

Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Hi Fran - the cards have to be 2.5 x 3.5 - (64 x 89mm if you're like me and don't have a ruler with inches!)

Check out Shelli's original post about them here - it explains the requirements
http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=4392

Shelli - is there going to be an explanation of ATC cards on the bid4bears site (am I missing it somewhere??)  it may help to have an explanation for people there.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

thanks Melissa

Board footer