Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Skippy isn't the only one to have lost her mind.  What a good kittygrandma you are . Shantell...And such sweet pictures.

Thank you darling for sharing with us.

dilu

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Sorry...no new pictures YET.  Just wanted to say that all their eyes are open now...and they are just the chubbiest little ankle scratchers I think I've ever seen.   Skipita doesn't seem to leave them long enough for me to get any photos...I was busted yesterday just looking at them.   She doesn't seem to mind too much that when she sees me in "her" territory but I'm trying really hard not to be a nuisance.

I hate to say it but bears have taken a backseat to kittens.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Shantell, you are doing an awsome thing!

Kittens are sooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuteeeeeeeeeeeeee :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Shantell,
     I read on another post that you haven't been well the past few days - you have to look after yourself too LOL!  Seriously, I hope you are feeling better now, and you take it easy for a day or two.  I wondered why you hadn't posted.  The kitties will be there for a long time yet, so just relax.  You're doing a wonderful job of caring for them.  So, I'll just sit patiently and wait for the next pictures. 

Hugs,

Brenda

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Me too!  What Brenda said.  Feel better you!!  I know what it is.......you're love sick over the kittens.   bear_original  bear_original

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

P.S.  I sent Justin the newest pictures.  When is the earliest we can come see them?  I may bring along a couple of tag alongs too.  I told my daughter about the kitties.  She hasn't seen pictures but she's always wanted an orange kitty.  She says if she can keep a plant alive for nearly a year she thinks she's ready for a kitten.   bear_original

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Ladies...I'm fine really...nothing I can't conquer...just fatique from my MS getting to me.  Not to worry  bear_thumb

Aleta,

According to everything I've read lately, the kittens should be weened by their mother around 6 weeks but should stay with her and their litter mates until 8 - 12 weeks.  I'm really just playing it by ear.  I hope to take them in to the vets around 6 weeks for a health check and their first shots...but we'll see how Skippy feels about that.  She may not be too happy with me if her babies come up missing for a few hours.

I'll keep you posted...and photos to come.  I had the perfect opportunity today and missed it.  She left them for about 10 minutes and went wandering in the field across the driveway from my house.  I of course am paranoid she's considering moving them but when she returned just layed in walkway in the sun bathing herself.  The life of luxary that cat has...spoiled rotten.

Hugs,
Shantell

Board footer