Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pages:
nettie scotland
Website
Shelli wrote:

Again, I'm just overwhelmed with your kindnesses.  Thank you so much!

I do want to clarify that I don't feel targeted or that the talk on this subject has been mean-spirited or nasty in any way.  It's just inaccurate, and because it has the potential to mislead fellow artists and collectors and other people whose opinions matter to me, I just wanted to correct that inaccuracy.

You're all so appreciated!

PS  Diane, I WISH I were Scottish.  I would pay good money to hear you or Rita (can't recall any other Scot TTers off the top of my head) speak, even for just one minute!

When things are better come on over!!!I imagine after a few days you would pay to shut me up!!!
Diane xxx

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Shelli, I hadn't heard any sorts of rumors (but now it sounds as though you're going to turn Scottish  bear_happy ). I'm very glad to hear that you'll be continuing to make your lovely bears. I know you say that you don't need any support, but please know that we're all pulling for you.

Bear hugs,
Debora

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

For heavens sakes!  I must be a sand dweller too.  Actually, I think for me, it's kitten fur though.  I've not heard a whisper.  Nobody tells me nuth'n. 

I would suspect, Shelli, that your absence here on TT may have had something to do with these rumors.  Put that together with the fact that we've not seen many of your bears and the secret project you mentioned awhile back.....well, people will draw their own conclusions.  That's how these goofy things get started.  It's all rather silly, isn't it?  People with nothing better to do than to conjure things up.  It's sooooo high school really and so hurtful.

I'm glad you addressed the rumor/gossip first hand.  Nip it in the bud!  It's a shame you felt you had to though. 

Warmest and biggest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Aww Shelli!

I had not heard that either!  Nor did I think that of you!!  Heck...  some months I'm LUCKY if I get 2.4 bears a month done  bear_whistle   There is just so much more to the bear biz than just getting bears done... besides the "life" that we all have also!  I know you've been doing SO much... with creating graphics etc for others.. and then regular old yucky paperwork associated with business.  I so understand about spending less time on the boards...it's educational, great company... but time consuming.  I mean really... for such a long time you were ALWAYS online  :crackup:   so naturally when you back off a little people notice. bear_grin

Heck, I only have ONE child home this summer... well, I only have one.. and 3 whippets... and I noticed that I'm getting less done too.

Shel.. I hope EVERYTHING starts going better for you soon Girl!!!!  Not trying to "hold your hand"... but.... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   bear_grin

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Shelli,

I haven't heard about that rumor, but I'm glad you're not leaving the bear business!  It would be very sad if you did, especially since you're so talented and nice.   :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Shelli,

I must be another sand dweller because I have not heard any rumours going about.
Glad to hear that you are going to be making more of your adorable Bears.

Life is very hetic with raising a Family - teenage kids and all.
Just to let you know that I am sending good wishes and hugs your way.

Bear hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

`

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Hi Shelli, the sand is deep here too, we haven't heard anything either.  I know how you feel with kids, always running here and there myself no time for me   bear_sad  . 

Take it easy, we are with you girl.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I have not heard any thing like that either but I also don't pop in as much.  We all have our own crap, ya know?  You take care shelli :hug:  We can all wait for those stunning bears if we need to. bear_wub

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Hi Shelli...I hadn't heard anything even remotely close to you shutting down the Potbelly Bear Factory!!  Heaven forbid!
I haven't been on very much lately either...so if there was a rumor, I sure missed it.

I am sure you will get a good grip on everything that is currently going on, you are a strong gal...but if you need a grandma to babysit those darling children, just give me a call!  bear_grin   Gee, how far is Chico from Atlanta?
Well, I am sure you know the offer is sincere.

Just be sure to take good care of yourself and don't let your needs get put on the bottom of the pile.

hugs,
nancy

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Things can get easy misconstured. Like people drawing conclusions instead of gossip.  It's good to see you have set the record straight. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Shelli, I didn't hear any talk of this either.  Many people , including me, would be so disappointed if there were no more Potbelly Bears    sad-smiley-019.gif   I noticed you weren't on here much, but just assumed you were busy with other stuff.  Life gets in the way sometimes , but I know you'll get through.     :hug:

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

I never hear anything. And certainly would never believe this one. Take care Shelli.
Hugs
Sonya

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

Hi Shelli,
Good for you, keep your chin up ignore the gossips! things are tough for most of us at the moment.
Like you I love making bears and I couldn't ever give up, I still need to do other non-beary things too.
I have had time out to sort my home and garden, photos of garden to follow.
my daughter is taking  exams too and life can get tiring and hectic.
We cannot all run on super duper mode all the time!
Hugs Kerren 
bear_flower

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Shelli  :hug:

Havent heard anything...

God bless.... Im so glad your staying around..... bear_original

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Well, I'll be dropping out of the auction scene for a while here...but that is only due to getting ready for a show. I hope no one will think I ahve quit.
It is killing me to not have bears available on auctions....  I am such a show rookie and really want to have enough  to take.  Where is all the time going...and why I am on this computer whenI should be making bears!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I did'nt hear a dicky bird about it Shelli....................i've been out of the loop though.

Just take it with a pinch of salt and realise that to be the subject of gossip is GREAT PUBLICITY  bear_thumb  bear_flower

It got us all thinking about your beautiful bears huh? As they say............" THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS BAD PUBLICITY"

Glad you ain't giving up anyhow  bear_wub

I reckon the gossips gave you a big up ha ha ha - the jokes on them  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:photo: Yep, at least they're talkin' about ya Shelli!  :crackup:

Seriously, I've had my head...and everything else so buried in the sand, that I didn't hear a peep about this particular rumor!  No WAY are you ducking out!! Teddy bearing's in your blood.  I think you're doing an amazing job with everything that's on your plate just now!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

:hug: Its not much, but have a hug from me and keep your head up proud! You're doing an amazing job Shelli:hug:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Shelli~ I didn't hear that Gossip and I would not believe... even if I do here them.  bear_cry
I know you don't need smilies hug
but here is from me.

Warmest hugs/Marie  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I haven't heard any of those 'stories', either, Shelli . . . but I am glad you're still with us and that you will continue to be.  TT and the bear world would be a lot less informed and fun if you weren't here - not to mention that we'd miss Potbelly Bears greatly!!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Pages:

Board footer