Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I have the Steiff Hot Water Bottle bear..and Teddy Rose...she's oldish...1984 or so and a nice newish Teddy Girl...I have one of Aletas bears too!!!

I'd love to buy loads of bears..including one of Dianes..and Judi's......but being skint ain't helping me right now!!!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

bobbybaby.jpgbigtedbiggestbabyframe.jpgBigtedladychadwick.jpgBigtedthankyoupage.jpg

nettie wrote:

Its funny you should call yours modern Paula, somehow I think of them as proper teddies!!!I know they are not vintage styled but they seem to be the essence of what a teddy was first for,cuddling and taking to bed.It must be their chunky fluffy furryness!!!!.I doubt they will ever be out of favour.
Diane xxx

Diane, what a lovely compliment - thank you!   bear_flower

I've always been drawn to Chiltern Hugmee teds as I love their proportions.  When I set out to design bears I wanted them to reflect what I'd loved in my first bear (see pic above!) He was a 22" English Chiltern bought for me in the 60's.  He was chunky, with beautiful glossy mohair and a very wise expression.  Since then, I've tried to make sure my teddy designs are as you say, 'proper teddies', designed for reassurrance and plenty of cuddles! 

I like to think they are based in classic English teddy bear style, but with a contemporary flavour, which is what my personality sprinkles over my designs! 

I've always wanted them to have that special quality that brand new teddy bears bring with them ... that special something that says, 'you're my new owner, the very first to love me and hug me and for that I will be here beside you, forever.'

Jenny, you have my sympathy!  I too would love to buy other bears, but skint gets in the way!  Sadly, it seems that being a bear maker isn't conducive to being able to afford other artist's work!  bear_cry

nettie scotland
Website

What a lovely photo Paula.No wonder you got into bear making!!!I only had one rubber panda as I threw up on everything for the first two years of life.I was in hospital a lot and didn't really have a proper teddy till my wee cheeky bear in the late sixties.
I love chiltern hugmees.One just ended on ebay and I was soo good and didn't bid.I want one one day though.I love the big heads
Hugs Diane xx

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I love old steiff and sad looking cute bears...boring I know.  Funny thing is I usually make girl bears, not by choice usually, but if I was to buy one I would usually fal in love with the boy bears...strange!

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

bear_wub OLD TATTY AND WORN bear_wub   &  bear_wub BIG SOFT AND SQUISHY HUGGABLE bear_wub
OOOO & NOT FORGETTING THE FACES bear_original
I JUST LOVE BEARS.....

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

I could get seduce by Kim W.'s (Bear Bottoms) latest bear over in the showcase section.  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer