Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Just wondering,
     Is Arnica something you can only get from a "health food store"?  I've never heard of it before joining TTalk.  Since I am already going to check out some ground Flax seed, I thought I'd get some Arnica to have on hand.  So, it comes in a rub AND a liquid? 

Debbie, my hubby swears by Absorbine Jr. for EVERYTHING!! LOL

hugs,

Brenda

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi Dilu
Thanks so much for your kind words bout my little one. I am not afraid of nobody stealing my ideas, I have seen how is everybody in here and how willing to share, I always have been like that, to me is part of the enjoyment of being a collector and designer. I don't sale normally, a friend that owns a store in Florida did sale a few  bears for me and I was so trill!!  I have been trying to put pictures in here for so long!! I love to see other peoples' work and share mines. Finally I did it  ( hope I remember how LOL!! ) I just made another Anime Golly and did cut 4 more that I am thinking in making some boys too. I will take pictures of the other little girl and show it in here.
No I did not know that Jean and Penny like Gollies too. That is great I do love them.
I like the swap idea! No I did not know you guys do that. I am not that new in here but, I was not able to do much ( my eternal pictures' "problem" ) and I stop coming . No I am here to stay!
Well have to run.
Thanks again
Have a wonderul Fourth.
Bear hugs.
Gladys

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I would love to do a swap....and if you have picture problems let us know!  Someone can help you-also you can ask QUY our computerGuru- you can ask in "Technical Help"

hugs

dilu

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi
I am going to try and see if i did remember how to get a picture in here bear_shocked  I took a picture of the other little Golly I made and one with the two, I have made so far together.
I did finished a baby ( regular not an Anime ) for a friend's birthday.
Ok..Here it goes.
Bear hugs.
Gladys000_0737.jpg000_0746.jpg

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

I DID IT!! Sorry! bear_wacko You are going to think...Oh!1 We got a "silly" one in here!! It have been a very difficult road ( the pictures thing) for me!
This is the baby Golly that I talked about. I don't have to tell you guys that...i am NOT good taking pictures neither bear_grin This one is a baby Golly ( my design  too ) she has sleepy eyes .
Ok I do have to to clean house  bear_sad
Bye for now.
bear_flower Gladys000_0740.jpg

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Gladys,
a200.gif
They are all wonderful!  Adorable Gollies.  I love what you are doing! The golly lovers here are gonna love them too!  Great job! c014.gif

BevsHuggables Bev's Huggables Plus
Leland, NC

Sorry to hear about your hubby, Judi. Been there done that, had to have back surgery to walk again! Not doing much, just hubby and me, most of the family are in Maine. Have to go there the end of Sept as step daughter is getting married. We'll just have a little grilling and look for fire works. Everyone enjoy whatever you have planned. God Bless, Bev

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Well.... we've been doing holiday things all weekend long here... sans children!!!!  Strolling through antique stores, visiting the farmer's market in town WITHOUT little fingers stained with strawberries wiping their hands on my skirt!  Relaxing, FUN stuff!  Of course I missed the wee ones to bits... but OH!!!!  I love feeling like a human being!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
WildThyme wrote:

Strolling through antique stores, visiting the farmer's market in town WITHOUT little fingers stained with strawberries wiping their hands on my skirt!

Sounds heavenly Kim. bear_innocent  bear_innocent  bear_innocent

Bev, thank you for the well wishes about my hubby.  He really is fine.  I am surprised he has been farming his whole life and never really hurt himself...other than a few cracked ribs when a heifer in heat came after him.  If anyone thinks cows are docile......then they have not been around cows in heat...look out!  For the most part they are fine but they can come after you and you had better run....fast  There have been some horrific farming accidents in our state just in the ten years I have lived here so I am greatful that mark has remained all in once piece.

A classmate and fellow farmer of Mark lost his leg in a silo unloader accident a couple of years ago.  He had to climb down the silo without his leg.  One of the hired guys had to go back up the silo to get it.  It was never reattched.  he has an artificial leg and continues to farm.  You cannot take the farm out of a farmer.

Anyway, I hope everyone will stay safe and enjoy the outdoors and fireworks.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Judi,

I hope your DH is ok.  I'm sorry about his accident.   :hug:

For the 4th, I have family that came into town.  We're going to my family's neighborhood's beach club where they have activities all day long.  Then we have dinner and watch the fireworks on the beach. 

I hope everyone has a great 4th!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Congratulations, Gladys--beautiful Gollies and Great Pictures! bear_thumb

bear_laugh Kim, the first few times I was able to do anything alone, without my little ones, I couldn't figure out what to do with my hands--it took practice!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio
Eileen wrote:

bear_laugh Kim, the first few times I was able to do anything alone, without my little ones, I couldn't figure out what to do with my hands--it took practice!

Oh absolutely!!!!  It the strangest feeling.... like I've forgotten my purse somewhere or something like that!  In fact.... my youngest Ben, had colic VERY bad when he was a newborn, and I used to hold him to my chest and sway in this exaturated figure 8 pattern for hours on end with that little guy.... It became such a natural part of my life that the first time I left him with my Mom and ran out to the store for 20 minutes... I found myself standing in line at the grocery swaying around in a figure eight without even noticing!!!!!  Then I noticed that people were looking at me a bit odd, and I realized that I looked like I was dancing to "my own music" or something!!!!!   bear_ermm  bear_wacko

Kim Basta
Wild tHyme Originals

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I found myself standing in line at the grocery swaying around in a figure eight without even noticing!!!!!

Kim, this must be a mom thing, because it's happened to me, too... still does, sometimes!

As for 4th of July plans... for reasons unknown to me, it's never been one of my favorite holidays.  I have a few big memories of happy 4ths (1. On Manhatten Beach with college friends and their SO's; 2. Sitting on top of our minivan, me and my boys, on a hillside, watching fireworks; 3. First fireworks in Chico), but still, historically, it's not a huge holiday for me.

This year, my kids are with their dad -- part of the reason it's not a big holiday for me, for the last 6 or 7 years; it's "dad's" holiday (I get Christmas; I win!) bear_happy -- and we finally have plans that spice things up a bit.

We're spending the holiday with DH's sister and the rest of his family, all of whom are driving in.  There will probably be upwards of 20 people there.  The plan is to hang out, cook dinner all together (we decide what we'll eat once we get there), hopefully catch Al Gore's new film en masse, and then watch fireworks.  A real departure for me, and something that might catch on as a new tradition.  I'm really excited!  It's a great mix of younger and older people, with lots of opportunities for conversation and laughter.

I hope everyone else enjoys their 4th as well!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Shelli wrote:

I found myself standing in line at the grocery swaying around in a figure eight without even noticing!!!!!

Kim, this must be a mom thing, because it's happened to me, too... still does, sometimes!

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh   Me too :redface:   I guess mom's do dance to thier own music. bear_wub  bear_flower

Shelli, we don't do much for the 4th.  With farming, every day is the same..which is okay with me.  It's peaceful here.  My kids built sandcastles in the sandbox, then Rachel practiced walking a calf for the upcoming county fair.  Now there both in the barn "helping daddy".  My oldest daughter always spends the 4th with her dad in Michigan (child from first very very short marriage). And I'm alone in the house working on bears but just had to come and pop in on my computer and shop a bit on ebay bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

Gladys, your gollies are reaaly sweet.  I am seeing more and more of them and I hope to see a big comeback of gollies.  I ahve two really adorable golly-dollies made by our Dilu. bear_wub

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

I just saw Mother Natures Fireworks outside my front door at the bottom of my steps...A tiny Glow Wormglowworm001a.jpgHappy Independence Day!!!!!
Hugs

Board footer