Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Crikey Dilu, with a list like that, small wonder the officer's wives were constantly slooshed!!!  That's not the greater glory of womanhood ~  that's slavery and the glorification of male ego  bear_tongue thhhhhbbbppptttt!!!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

c014.gif dilu sat the man down and said this wasn't a game she could play, and that he needed to consider this very very carefully.  He did and so did she.... c033.gif i understand dilu is much happier than he is now! c027.gif  Course some of us used the last 30 years to move forward....and some of us stayed a wee bit mad.....  c045.gif

There is a moral, my little chicadees....our lives are ours to make or break and we've no one to blame but ourselves for our sucssess or our failures.

The 70's were a great time to really grow up!

e118.gif

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Cheers Dilu!  Never were truer words spoken!!  bear_thumb

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  :clap: Very, very well said, Dilu--you nailed it, girl! :hug:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

WOMAN POWER

:clap:  :clap: Well said Dillywonkers!!!   :hug:  :clap:  :clap:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, i just found this post and I am so sorry for you Debbie...
I hope your pinkie is healing quickly!

Lots of good vibes,
Beary hugs,
Sophie.

:hug:  Its getting slowly better... Thank you Sophie  :hug: !!!

Deb Upstate New York

Ouch!  Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better!

DebbieD wrote:

...thank heavens for arnica...

What's arnica cream Deb?

Deb Upstate New York

Ouch!  Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better!

DebbieD wrote:

...thank heavens for arnica...

What's arnica cream Deb?

Its an external rub (or cream) containing arnica montana.  I smeared it all over my pinkie, ring finger and front and back of my hand ....basically anywhere I thought would bruise.  I got it ages ago from a health food store, I think its simply called The Rub.  I can't seem to find it just now.

I also made sure to take arnica montana homeopathic tablets several times as well.  The stuff's amazing  bear_thumb

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

I am glad that you are better DebbieD. I had use Arnica Montana and it is good! My husband loves all the Homeophatic meds.
Hope that you are better too Paula.
Gladys  bear_flower

Stellajella Wien

Debbie, Debbie, you should watsch out for yourself mucho betterer !!!!! bear_grin
I hope you´re ready for your next teddy by now! Good luck!!!!! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Dilu, I guess the The Officer's Wife's Guide was written exactly about me  bear_tongue   :crackup: ...specially I like the part with not axing him questions he cannot answer ROFL...

Have a good one!

Gaby bear_flower

Dilu Posts: 8,574

In this particular case it would probably have meant any questions at all....poor guy....I have ultimate respect for the Guys and Gals serving in our military, and the work that they do....having seen so much of it first and half hand.  But that officers wives stuff? 

That is simply utterly ridiculous!

did you know we were supposed to have cards to leave when we went calling?!?!?!  Who had time for going and visiting women who were so full of themselves because of their hubbys that they didn't have the ability to develop their own personalities.

Ahh the 70's.

One old gal told me it was much worse in the 50's and 60's.  Made me laugh!

Board footer