Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Jane D. Teddies to Treasure
Midland, Ontario

Hello everyone-Its a beautiful day here in Ontario.I love to look at everyone's websites and I just saw a beautiful old bear which the artist describes as having "loose joints" to give her an old look.I dress my bears in antique clothing etc. but what could I do to have "loose" joints.I go crazy with my ratchet tightening joints-obviously this is not what she means.Does anyone understand this and how can I acieve this look? Thank you in advance. Sincerely Jane D.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hi Jane,
There are 2 easy ways to do loose joints. 

1) Simply don't tighten your screw/nut or cotterpin really tight.  Just leave it loose so the limbs can move freely.
2) Use wobble joints with 2 cotterpins looped together . 

Here is a previous discussion about wobble joint techniques if you aren't sure how to do that.   http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=7145

Hope this helps !

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

The easiest thing is to use cotter pin joints and not to turn the 't' pins too tight. I have a bear by Silvia Gilles which has very loose joints....the bear slouches and the limbs are all floppy when you pick it up.....I love it! I tend to make my joints fairly tight - don't know why - it's just something I've always done!

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Sorry Tammy, we were typing at the same time!!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hey Gemma - great minds think alike  bear_tongue

Jane D. Teddies to Treasure
Midland, Ontario

Thanks girls-The only thing is -would customers/collectors not think that your bear was broken or poorly constructed?Sincerely Jane D.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Not if you stated that it was deliberately done that way. I include a card (with a pic of the bear) with each bear describing the whole bear - like type of mohair, joints, extra neck joint, etc etc.

Marion

Board footer