Victoria Australia

Hey Sarah, well done with the list, you did well  :clap:

I have two more to add -

Chockie or Chocky - Chocolate (yumyum)
Chewy or Chewie  - chewing gum or bubble gum

bear_smile

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Now I need to go get my stickybeak puppy out of the trash can and have a cuppa!
(There, how'd I do???) 

Ooroo!
Daphne

You did great Daph...BUT...we have 'rubbish bins' not 'trash cans' bear_grin Trash cans to me is Oscar and Sesame Street! bear_wacko

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh rubbish! I'll try harder next time!  bear_grin

Dilu Posts: 8,574

The anzac biscuits sound good, with nutellla on them

Denise, I DO BELIEVE I RESEMBLE THOSE DIMPLED THIGHS YOU
SPOKE OF! :redface:

But the coffee and cake sounded good.....we could plan a day and time and just all be on at that time with our coffee  or tea and cake.....

I wonder if the server could handle that.....

Now I wonder if Kjeld and Quy are rolling their eyes and hoping we forget.....

hmmmm  I really do wonder if the ser ver could handle it....I bet it could,

I have checked the index page at times and sometimes there are 7-8 regulars and a dozen just cruising through.....

bear_tongue

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

snack.jpgHi  ! I just jump in here  :redface:
Look what I'm having .....   :wacko:
Sugar free....99%Cacao hocolate....  bear_angry

Densteds Densteds
Website

Marie.....sugarfree chocky....heavens!! to betsy..we can't eat that!! it might be good for us  bear_shocked bear_shocked bear_shocked

bring on the hot chocolate,  1/2 gallon of cream, & a packet of timtams...

Dilo!! I'm right onto that thigh issue!!! and it seems to be working

...they're getting BIGGER!!!!  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin and if I sit here much longer, well!!

maybe a wider chair might help  bear_grin bear_grin

:hug:
Denise.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, my Sweet Maire (who is not so sweet if she's eatting SUGAR FREE choccies!)  :love:

Don't you know that sugar free chocolate is full of artifical sweeteners that act as a laxitive if you eat too many! I'm a diabetic and used to eat tons of 'sugar free' candy so I learned the hard way!  :redface:  bear_wacko  :mad:

Denise - I'll take a cup of Hot Choc and Ice Cream (what flavor are we having?) but, oh dear, I've forgotten what Timtams are! I'm sure they are yummy if you are having them with that hot choc and ice cream!  bear_tongue

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

timtam.jpg

Daphne wrote:

sugar free chocolate is full of artifical sweeteners that act as a laxitive if you eat too many!

Oh no  bear_wacko ok ok I will not eat too much
of these sugar free(not tim tam up there)...  :cry:
I know my sugar free choco taste like too good to be true!  :redface:

Here is Tim Tam. I love iced Tim Tam...  bear_thumb yum yum....
Hugs/Marie

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

I know this isn't about coffee or chocolate, but......while we're on the subject of food......does anyone know where I can buy Bisquick on the net?

I love the stuff for making scones and pancakes and can't get it.  I even emailed the makers and they don't sell it in Oz.

I told you about Tim Tams the other day :love:
Glenys

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

premium_coffee_thumb.jpgWell girls the coffee is cold , :Pso here is some fresh hot steaming coffee bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Glenys, I know but I forgot.... between trying to remember Aussie slang and your food terms, and that you call them rubbish cans not trash cans...... I'm getting confussed!  :wacko:

Now I look at my dog named Tucker and think... "In Oz you'd be FOOD!" So now I go around calling him "Hey Food!" when I'm not calling him a Stickybeak!  bear_laugh

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

That's OK Daphne, when my whippet sticks his head thru the curtains to look out the front window, I call him Mrs. Cravitts and he's getting so used to it he's answering to it.  (My son calls him 'Poofta dog' tho, so I guess my nickname's better)

We love him heaps and won't be throwing him in the rubbish BIN anytime soon, but he sure is good with his tucker :dance:

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hey Daphne...oooh!! I love ice cream.....passionfruit  bear_wub it's my favourite, but I love straight cream in my hot chocolate...  You're doing really well with the Ozzie slang. We also have a lot of rhyming slang...etc sleep=bo peep, Sydney=steak & kidney, I'll think of some more, the old brain needs a kick start in the morning bear_grin bear_grin

Glenys..rubbish bin must be a Victoria thingy, we mostly call them garbage bins in NSW..by the way welcome to TT  :rose:, I've got a couple of your teds, I usually have a chat to you at the shows, I've got Robin Hood, Tin Soldier & Thelma, she's my favourite!!!
:hug:
Denise.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia
Daphne wrote:

LOL..... Ta Sarah! no promises we'll be able to talk the talk but at least we'll understand what you Aussies are trying to say! Now if we can remember this dictionary is on the coffee time topic we'll be all set!

Now I need to go get my stickybeak puppy out of the trash can and have a cuppa!
(There, how'd I do???)  :D

Ooroo!
Daphne

Its so funny coz we watch so much US TV over here that it's easy for us to know what you are talking about.  Suppose you don't have much Aussie TV there do you...we don't have many shows really compared to you. When I first spoke to one of my friends in another group from America she thought I would sound like Steve Irwin lol.  So funny.  I did do a crikey just to make her laugh tho lol.

That list I sent in came from the net.  I didn't know a few of those terms lol. 

Glad to see a photo of our beloved tim tams  :clap:  ohhh they are worth the cellulite  :love:
Hugs Sarah

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw
Jennskains Posts: 2,203

That cake is not fair bear_grin  I'll gain 5 pounds just looking bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Pages:

Board footer