Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

I just saw the pictures on TV.
All these poor people and animals! I'm with you all and praying for you.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I just feel so, so sorry and helpless for all the people in the state of Victoria. As many of you know, my husband is from Melbourne, Australia. His mum lives in a place called Officer and her partner is part of the CFA and has been out 4 or 5 times throughout the day and night, every day for the past week. My husbands best friend lives in Carrum Downs and he is also a firefighter in the CFA - my husband spoke to him this morning - he is exhausted and in shock for seeing how quickly the fires are spreading, but also what he has had to witness when the flames have been put out. It's unimaginable. We are going back out to Melbourne in April and I am dreading what it's going to look like when we travel around the area to visit friends and family. Just so utterly sad and devestating.  :cry:

It was only about 5 days ago that I was speaking to my mother-in-law and we were both saying that anyone caught lighting the fires should be charged with murder......looks like that is what they are now planning to do....just hope the courts do the right thing and make sure they DO get punished. They're sickos. What sort of mentality have these people got? Even my 7 year old son knows that it's wrong and what the consequences would be of doing something so utterly selfish.

puca bears puca bears

Me too Gemma - just ended up in tears watching the lunch time news. It's just so awful. I lived in Western Australia for eight years, so am no stranger to bush fires - but on this scale?! All those poor people, plus the stock animals on farms, and the wildlife............totally heartbreaking.
And I so hope they catch the arsonists and make an example of them - they ARE murderers.
It's all so sad.................
huggies
Maria

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Hi All, this is really horendous.
I don;t know what to say, there has been 17 killed in my area alone and the total for Vic is up to something like 160.
Luckly for me they managed to get the power back on here, but I can't go anywhere as the police have blocked the street.
We still are under threat, but it has been downgraded to an allert.
Nothing is going to be the smae after this.
I will try to get on if the power stays on and let you know how things are fairing in my little pocket of the world.
Hugs~

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Thank goodness you are okay Chris, I have been worried as I knew that the fire was in your area.....Another bear comrade lives near Beechworth so am concerned for her too as there are fires around that area as well.. :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Christine,
     I am so glad you and your family are okay!  It is just unbelievable - I find it so hard to watch the news, and it is so heartbreaking to hear the stories.  I don't know how one copes with all of that devastation - it has literally made me feel ill.  I have spent the weekend seriously counting my blessings and thinking how miniscule my complaint was about all of our snow, in the grand scheme of things.  Sending prayers and hugs. although it doesn't seem like very much.  Keep safe.

hugs,

Brenda

Stellajella Wien

My heart goes out to those, who lost loved ones in these terrible flames!
It makes me sad, to think of all thes poor animals, that had to suffer there, too.
And worst of it: I just read, that obviousely people hat put land on fire. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: - it happens every year all over the world, that people deliverately endanger lives of others!!!

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

I've just found out about this and I am shocked at what has occurred. I am with those who don't understand why people just set fires. We had that happening here several years ago and fortunately we didn't have as many lives and homes lost.

My thoughts and prayers are with those who are near the fires or have family and friends who may be near the fires as well as those who have lost loved ones and homes. :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

I do hope this ends soon.

Hugs,

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I have been checking on this post, hoping to hear from Sarah (Jelly Belly Bears), Sandi (Bearly Sane) and others.  I am concerned about them.  I realize it could just be a matter of things like - having no power.  I am trying to have a positive attitude, so if anyone has heard from our friends down under, please let us know.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I have just heard from Sandi, and she is safe.   Please keep everyone  in your prayers.

FrizzyBear New York

Gosh, the news is so terrible for many in Australia.  My thoughts and prayers are with you all.  I hope that this fire is under control really soon.

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

Nina, Sarah is safe she is in Adelaide South Australia

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

It is awful. I just found out a radio station here is delivery goods to the vics. So I am taking all my stuff down to the show grounds and I know they will go to the vics. The red cross and salvos are only taking cash donations. My heart poors out to them all. We have to be so grateful for we have got.

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Be safe our friends in Australia....thinking of you and wishing I could send some of our snow....take care...hugs Lynne  :hug:

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

This country is in mourning for the devastating loss of life in the worst natural disaster in Australia's short history - but even at this sad time, I am so, so proud to be an Australian.  The general public  has opened it's hearts and pockets for these people who have suffered and lost so much.  Public donations alone have so far totalled AUD$27M (and rising) since the weekend.  The Govt and corporate bodies have also pledged millions in aid towards the long road back to rebuilding shattered lives.

There has been so much clothing & food donated that the Red Cross have asked people to try and give money instead, or other things such as can openers (plenty of canned food but nothing to open it with) plus dog leads etc. - they now have warehouses stacked full of clothing and not enough resources to sort through & distribute it.

And after all of that terror we have witnessed, isn't it lovely to think that even in the face of recession and lost jobs, everything else just pales into insignificance in the midst of adversity, and people just give everything to help others in need.  To me, that's the human spirit at its best, and a real shining light on what is a very dark and sad time.

Marg   :pray:

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Marg, that was so beautifully said.
My heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you, Australia.
:pray:  :hug:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

The fires have devastated us all not only in Victoria, New South Wales and close to the hearts of many Australians and now heartfelt by the world. Many of us know friends, relatives and workmates who have lost lives or properties, its awful.   Our poor fellow Queenslanders up north in Townsville are suffering with floods as well. Pray for everyone that has suffered. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Not only people and properties have suffered so dearly, thought I would share this local websites..
See the photo of the animals too.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/750 … on-animals

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

one of the fires was about 10kms from me..some of our friends evacuated, but thankfully their house was saved.
i rang the red cross to donate blood and was told they were inundated at the moment, but they would call in a  few weeks when supplies ran low again, businesses everywhere are donating profits (coles supermarkets is donating all profit from all stores on fri 13th!!!) football and cricket games are donating the money from games. Last time i loooked at the news there was 750 homes gone and almost 200 dead. there is going to be plenty of money to rebuild everything..it won't help those who died sadly, but it should help their families. Such a sad time.

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

What a horrible tragedy!! It is nice to hear from some of you that live close to where the fires are and that you are OK.
Karen, I thought that you were in that area, I have been thinking of you.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Millie yes I am away from the firest thank you, this is the worst thing I've ever seen in Australia in my lifetime.....shock, horror......disgust....its just not even imaginable how any human could light a fire....I think every aussie is shedding tears daily watching the news...I just hope that it ends soon and the mongrels out there are caught.....can you believe they used to get 2 yrs for fires...I hope it goes way up now...it has to...they think near 300 will be the final body count.....just too much saddness to comprehend....and a couple of weeks ago I thought our Adelaide 47 C heatwave was the worst of summer...thinking of you all and in QLD too with the floods....crazy beyond belief this summer has been....

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

koala.jpgGlad to hear your ok Kezjoy, 10km away is way to close. Gippsland has been devastated. bless you. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Thanks for thinking of us Terrie, we are lucky, had the wind of changed the fires closest to us could have been coming our direction, thankfully we are fine.

Watching tonights news, this fellow koala and his fireman rescuer have become an overseas icon, he is one of the lucky ones.

Pray for all that are struggling now, Australia has gotten behind all the victims to assist them in their time of need, its been a wonderful support for them so far, with a long road to recovery.

Some of the fires have been contained, hoping the weather will be kind for the next few days until its more under control. :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website

Very difficult to find the right words at times like this, but I just wanted to let the Australian members know that I am thinking of you. I really hope that the worst is over for you. xx :hug: Dawn, Hugs Unlimited

Board footer