StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire

hehe He is small for me at 7"!

Well here are some awfull pics of -

My first prim/vintage old ted!

bear1.JPG

bear2.JPG

bear3.JPG

You can see perfet nose (Couldn't bring myself to destress it so the story is he had a seam blown on his nose and it had to be redone I even laddered a part of his nose to look more authentic)  bear_laugh  :crackup: and see  his rolly tummy but can't see his bald patches and his tea staining  bear_sad !

I think next time he will have no paw pads and not think about it too much just do it!

Would love some critasism!

Richy~

bearyfun732 Cutiepie Bears

Richy: what did you stuff it with? if you did it with wood, it would be a good idea when aging to rip off part of the paw pad and tea stain it or something. you could also try trimming the shoulders and revealing the pin joints in the shoulder, another good way to age. bear_laugh but, these are only suggestions. without these, your bear is very cute already. bear_original

tindlebears Tindle Bears
Xenia, ohio

I wouldn't change a thing! he looks absolutly darling! he's so simple yet says so much bear_original

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

Richy, your bear is wonderful. He has such charm! Boy you were quick with this challenge! Being that quick is a challenge in itself to me! bear_grin

Here is hint #2 for mine:
  It may toot it's horn but nobody knows for sure.
Beth

tindlebears Tindle Bears
Xenia, ohio

HMMMM. Rhino or unicorn?

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Richy, your vintage look bear is fabulous!!! You did a great job! (I love the bunny in your avatar too!)

I think I will try to do something for this challenge too - not sure what yet - maybe a crocheted bear as that is something I have not tried and always thought I'd like to. Otherwise I'll have to see what other animal I can come up with.

StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire

bearyfun732 - No, I didn't stuff with woodwool. Also, I find that, if he was your so much loved childhood bear and back in the day, I bet every mother HAD to know how to sew if they had children. Would you want your presious bear to be holey and badly stitched, I wouldn't bear_original I did tea stain him, but the pictures are awful and didn't show up.

ScaliWagGrrs - Thank you so much, I know, superrrr fast for me, I am on my next one for this challenge too!

tindlebears - Thank you, I did kinda like him, My nephew more then me haha

edie - Thank you for your kind comments, Captain holly in my avatar isn't actually my creation, it's my brothers. He is always better at everything I do haha.

Thanks again everyone.

Onto my next one too!

Richy~

bearyfun732 Cutiepie Bears

richy-i dont like holey bears, either but i read about distressing in a book. bear_rolleyes what do ya know. the author took a teddy bear of much loving of five years and holed it....im still not convinced this author has much common sense whatsoever...

tindlebears Tindle Bears
Xenia, ohio

LOL! bearyfun...nope no common sense at all bear_grin
WELCOME edie to our humble wee challenge LOL bear_flower

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

sounds like fun ... i already try lots of diff things
but i also chipped in coz i have to say i would take home richy's bear in an instant ... yes please !
cat xxx

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Richy, I love your old ted, does he have a name?

Just wondered how everyone was getting on - I am just working on my elephants facial details and might, for once, meet a challenge deadline  :dance:

Hugs Ali

teeeej Brisbane

I seem to have gotten nowhere with mine. I need a good kick in the backside. I am a little beared out at the moment, I dont seem to be doing much at all.

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

I know how you feel  :hug:  I looked back on my list of bears that I have made (12 so far) and except for a couple I made last month, the previous bear was finished September last year!  Yes its taken me nearly one year to complete ONE bear  bear_shocked  and like a bus three came in one go  bear_laugh 

So here is a gentle kick in the backside that you asked for, now go create  bear_thumb

Hugs Ali

Little_Bearries Holt, MI

@tindlebears: Rhinocorn!

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

DSCN4526-640x480.JPGDSCN4519-640x480.JPGYipee I have finally completed a challenge on time  :dance: . 

Can I please introduce Ellie.  She is 10" tall (not inc ears) and made from a fluffy towelling fabric with baby pink suede paws and trunk tip.  I have shaded her eyes and given her a stitched detail to give her that 'it wasn't me' look.

Ellie is for my youngest daughter but she is a proto type pattern for an elephant I want to make in mohair for my older daughter so any comments or advice will be very welcomed.

Hugs Ali

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

She's wonderful, Ali!

I really like how you handled the front feet -- the shape is perfect. And the fluffy pink fabric you used is lovely:)
Becky

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Thank you Becky 

I think I might have to shorten the legs abit and perhaps make then abit chubbier?  Also I would like to stitch some nails on the pads of the next version.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Oh, great idea! Toenails would be an excellent addition.

Becky

teeeej Brisbane

OK so I have not managed to do the exact pattern I thought I would do. I am however working on a Lisa Pay dog for a competition that I have been doing slight modifications on. Should be finished this week some time. However I might have to wait until the competition is over to post pictures (late October).

---
Therese

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

elli is totally gorgeous. Love that Pink!!! bear_wub

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

lovely elephant ali xxx

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Lovely elephant bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Ali the elephant finished at last!  bear_grin   Adorable too, love it  bear_wub

Pauline

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Thank you so much for everyone who's commented on Ellie - its means so much to me and has encouraged me to start something new. So heres a big hug for you all  :hug:

bear_grin Yes Pauline I finally got there  bear_whistle I think we were talking about elephants back in March!

Hugs Ali xxx

tindlebears Tindle Bears
Xenia, ohio

IS IT SEPTEMBER ALREADY!...NO? IT'S OCTOBER?! AAAHHHHHHHHH, well almost LOL!
My initial idea has been scrapped due to funding lol but I do have a cutie to post.  If everyone has there project done POST AWAY! if not no worries, this is the busiest time of year!
IMG_7628.JPG

Board footer