Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Pages:
Us Bears Pennsylvania

Hot diggity!!  bear_cool

The Bears are glad to hear that Bear Power is working!   bear_grin
They are going to take a short break to charge up their "Bear Batteries" with some chocolate cookies and some root beer.  They'll do it in shifts so the signal won't go down completely but there are 1,000 of them.  That's a lot of cookies and root beer!

Your Bears could probably use some cookies and root beer themselves.
While you're at it, you should probably get yourself a treat too!  Don't you think?  bear_happy

Teddy Tales My Teddy Tales
Massachusetts

I'm so glad to hear the news, He'll still be in my prayers. :hug:  :pray:

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Glad to hear things are looking better. bear_original

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

How wonderful that Roger is on the mend it amazes me how people can recover from such trauma I'm so happy to hear good news .

:hug:  Raewyn

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

US Bears, cookies and root beer does sound good!  Guess I could get me some sugar free root beer and I make chocolate chips cookies with no sugar!  (diabetic)

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Funny you should mention that.  My wife, Melanie, has hypoglycemia.  (Essentially reverse diabetes.)  She can't eat sugar either.  She gets "Hank's Premium Root Beer" from the grocery store.  It comes in sugar free version.  She bakes sugar free cookies using fructose.

The Bears all love her baking.  We all could stand to take off a little bit of extra fluff around the middle.  bear_happy

But don't let the Bears have too much root beer!  They get tipsy real quick!  Before you know it you'll have a bunch of riled-up Bears on your hands!  If you've ever seen 1,000 Bears all juiced up on root beer and raising caine, it's not a pretty sight!  bear_happy  bear_happy

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Whoo Hoo ! That is splendid news, Lenora.  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Apparently the brain has an amazing capacity to heal itself and to make new brain cells where they have been damaged (what they call "neurogenesis": the creation of new brain cells).  So there is every hope that your son will make a good recovery, although I do believe that you will have to be patient and not expect miracles overnight.

We're still sending you and your family all our positive thoughts and big hugs !   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Karon Posts: 751

Hi Lenora

I am so pleased to hear Roger is making progress.  We will keep those vibes going.

Karon

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub  bear_wub Great news Lenora, I am so glad things are progressing for the better.  Will still send prayers to make sure things keep getting better. Hugs to Roger and to you and all your family.  Take care.
Hugs Pat :pray:  bear_wub  :hug:

sylvia bjb blue jean bears
Website

I'm so pleased Roger is improving, Lenora. Keeping lots of good vibes and prayers going his way...it's wonderful news!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Missouri
Website

Yes Peter, I want overnight miracles!  The doctor keeps telling me that it is going to take a lot of time.  He said he will be in therapy at the hospital for about six months!

US Bears, I will ration out the root beer...

Us Bears Pennsylvania

:)

We had a couple of Bears who got tanked up.  Yeah, they had great fun that night but they regretted it in the morning!

th_BearHangover.jpg

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Lenora, I'm so pleased things are looking up for you all! bear_wub
US Bears... I love the picture!!
Hugs,
Julia xx

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Great news Lenora....more hugs for Roger  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: time will heal  bear_flower

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Us Bears love that picture   :crackup:  :crackup:  hilarous.

Raewyn

Missouri
Website

Hope they learned their lesson US bears!

Karon Posts: 751

Ditto!

I loved the picture of the bear suffering the day after the night before!

Great picture Us Bears.

Karon

Us Bears Pennsylvania
Missouri
Website

UPDATE:
Today Roger was very tired and just wanted to sleep.  We got there right after they gave him his bath and I know that is tiring.  His nurse said he spoke for the first time today.  He said while he was bathing him he said "I hurt".  I know he must hurt something awful but...he spoke!  His first words since the accident!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
lovenshire wrote:

His nurse said he spoke for the first time today.

Thanks for sharing this encouraging news!

Becky

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Major good news!!  bear_thumb
Excellent!!   :cool:

This is good progress.  Next thing you know he'll be asking for pizza and root beer!  bear_happy

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Lenora,
That is amazing and wonderful progress.   :hug:

Alison

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Well that's great news that he's regained some speech.  I hope he's not so tired the next time you get to see him

Missouri
Website

Me too Katy...I want to hear him speak...even that he hurts!

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

Good news to hear that there is progress.  We will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers.  bear_flower

Pages:

Board footer