Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Fallenrose near Cologne

Yeah, plenty of time to come up with an idea first  :crackup:
I keep on getting weird ideas for new bears - but nothing for this challenge. I hope to get some calm after this month so that I'll be able to concentrate on this one. Gosh, I'll have to limit myself, I wish I could make all seasons... Or maybe I can...let's see what I come up with  bear_grin

nealabear Teddy's Treasure Chest
Toronto

Hi Becky:

I'm glad you like him.  He sold on ebay in 2 hours and his little brother sold before he could be listed.  He is made from real fur (white fox and fox that has been dyed Christmas red).  I've had to shift back to mohair and alpacca as I have developed an alergy to real furs so I have been working on some new designs in which I can use these materials.  I really loved working in the real fur but the alergy's are so bad that I just can't do it anymore.  I'm looking forward to trying this challenge with a new design I'm working on.  Look forward to seeing some of your bears in the challange

nealabear

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I love using the seasons for inspiration, so I'd like to try and join in too ...  bear_original

MadScientwist Posts: 65

Can anyone join in? I would love to! I am finally done school for the year...so have plenty of time now and this is a fun theme!!!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

The more, the merrier!  :dance:  Glad you can join us.

Becky

Toronto

Just wondering if a bear can be dressed.  The bear I'm designing will have on evening wear in red for Christmas.  Is something like this OK.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
nealabear wrote:

Just wondering if a bear can be dressed.

Yes, of course! I can't wait to see your bear in evening wear!

Becky

Toronto

Hi Becky:

This bear has been 4 years in the designing.  She has a totally female figure so she wears clothing well.  You could say she's the bear version of Barbie only cuter.  Eyelids, Lashes and handpainted eyes and a totally feminine body.  The body was giving me all kinds of trouble but I think I finally have the problems solved. 

Neala

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Dear challenge-seekers,

Quy has created a new challenge gallery just for us, where we can post our seasonal creations.  :clap:

Becky

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

That is great news !  I had such grand ideas, and sketched out 4 bears, 1 for each season.
Guess what?  still working on bear #1
:crackup:
Maybe will have to adjust - and just try to get two done.

When do we post the pics?

Best regards  bear_flower
Lee Ann

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Lee Ann wrote:

When do we post the pics?

We can post any time. Quy has made a special Challenge Gallery just for us. (My "summer bear" is already there, and he's getting lonely. bear_happy )

Becky

Toronto

Hi Everyone:

Sorry it took me so long to get my pictures submitted but Jillian is finally finished.  I've been getting ready for a Show in November and I guess everyone here knows what that's like.  Jillian is dressed for all those Christmas parties in a winter white two piece dress done in satin and lace.  What else would a lady wear?  She is the first in a line I'm calling Dream Bears.  These bears will be wearing evening wear from all periods.  They can be dressed in styles from the 1700 and 1800's or styles from the 20th century.  Whatever I find that I think will look nice goes.  Some of the outfits will be crocheted (Paridise Patterns) some will be sewn all will be pretty.  Everything from flappers to princesses and any style including bridal wear.  She is 17" high and has hand painted eyes in a deep purple surrounded by long pretty dark lashes.  Her fur is mohair.  Her jewelry is done in shades of black, gold and amber beads.  She is wearing a pastel mink stole and yes ladies the mink is real.  She is designed to wear cloths and unlike other lady bears she has a smooth hipline so no bumps at the hipline to interfer with the way the dress hangs.  The bear and the outfit including the stole are all handmade which is what took so long to get her ready not to mention adjusting the pattern to fit her.  She is wearing an outfit based on the Hello Dolly Pattern Bewitching Moonlight.  I had to redesign the top of the pattern to accomodate the differences in the body style from Barbie doll to lady Bear.  I really wanted to do this outfit in red but couldn't find red lace anywhere that didn't cost two arms and a leg so I used lace and satin that I had on hand.  Hope you like her.  This is a prototype bear so any suggestions on changes to improve her would be appreciated.  Anyway she is listed in the challange gallery so everyone can see her. I put in two pictures so that she could be seen with and without her stole.

Neala

les ours d'isabelle LES OURS D'ISABELLE
ST JULIEN LES ROSIERS
Website

yeah!!! where is  santa to bring me all those bears!!!!isa

ToodlesBear Posts: 3

It has been a very long time since I was able to participate here.    Could someone let me know how the challenges work?   The only kind of challenge I have been involved in was a swap type of thing, which was great fun.    bear_original 

Thanks!
Carolyn  (aka Toodlesbear)
cd_tx@yahoo.com

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Carolyn wrote:

Could someone let me know how the challenges work?

Welcome to Teddy Talk, Carolyn!

The challenges are suggested by any of us, and if you look through the posts in the Challenges section, you'll see some of the past challenges. There's some sort of time frame, and when the bears are completed, we can post the photos in a special Challenge Gallery. (Sometimes those galleries get added to later on, with pictures that have nothing to do with the challenge, but oh well.)

The swaps are posted in the General section, and there's a Christmas ornament swap just winding down now, I believe. You can see the swapped ornaments on a virtual Christmas tree.

Anyway, let us know when you think of a good challenge. Then people who are interested can "join up."

Becky

Board footer