Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

kbonsall wrote:

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE USE A PROGRAM TO HELP THEM SNIPE!!! THAT ISNT FAIR PLAY! THATS CHEATING LMAO

LOL!  I "cheat" also then... I use http://www.bidnip.com  You do have to give them your eBay password... so I have an eBay account set up that I only use for bidding... not selling.  Also helps cause if I have trouble with a seller I can leave neg feedback without worry of retalitory bad feedback on my selling account.

I used to snipe "manually" and I tell ya... my hands would get ALL sweaty!  and then what if I FORGOT that "my item" was ending at a certain time??  That's why I like bidnip.  I can set my high bid and "place it" with bidnip right away... and it will bid for me (assuming the bid price has not gone over my high bid) within 5 seconds of the end of the auction.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

So the only points to listing a 7 day auction or a 5 day auction or even a 3 day auction is to:

a) Put it out there in the public eye long enough for interest to build

b) Drive the seller CRAZY with anticipation and DISCOURAGED when no bids come in during all the days that it's listed.

I am currently crazy and discouraged.  bear_wacko   bear_cry 
One of my 'watchers' better come through in the end!!!  bear_happy Riley so desparately wants a new home for the holidays! And I want all the worrying to be worth it!

(This is why I don't sell on eBay very often..... I drive myself nuts waiting 'til the auction ends! We've had that conversation.)

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Awww Daphne!  I hear ya!!  I now list my bears only for 3 day auctions myself.

And I'd bid on Riley if I could!  He's just adorable!!..... hey I just checked... and he's going to someone's home for Christmas!  (not mine... but someone here on TT !!!)

I'm in bear withdrawal now cause all my collector bears are packed  bear_wacko

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

LOL You girls are funny.  My worry about sniping is if I put my highest bid in, and it still isn't high enough, the auction would end while placing another bid!!!! LOL

Danni

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

OMG!!! You guys CRACK me UP!!!  Personally, I like the snipers on my items.  It's so exciting in the last few seconds, you wouldn't believe how many times I hit the refresh button...  I'm suprised the left click on my mouse isn't dead and there isn't a permanent image of a little pointy finger on the refresh button on my screen.

Oh, but just to let ya'll know who say you didn't bid because you knew someone else would win it, help a sista out and bid... the more bids the merrier!!!!   bear_grin

Oh, and I don't snipe...  I don't too often but anything anymore on eBay...  Every once in a while something will catch my fancy....

Kimberly W.

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Gee whiz.   bear_ermm   I didn't realize there was a science to sniping!  About that "Dummies" book.  That's how I started on eBay.  Dummie number one here!!   :doh:   I know about as much about computer stuff as a block of cheese.   bear_sad

Waiting for pizza to arrive,
Aleta bear_original

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hey Aleta dinner smells good

g025.gif

This has certainly been an education....I have a lot to look forward to this year.....I am going to master this e-bay thing!

(unless nobody wants my gollies in which case I'll be an expert at posting but not selling   sigh)

dilu

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Aleta - The Silly Bear wrote:

I know about as much about computer stuff as a block of cheese.

HAHAHA!  I understand that; I study and study and research and research and still, my knowledge of computers is like that too:  a block of cheese.  Swiss cheese, to be exact; there are lots of holes in what looks, if you glance at it quickly, to be an otherwise semi-solid mass!

Regardless of your personal computer know-how, Aleta, I have to say, you have one of my favorite website designs anywhere, anytime, for any product.  Somebody sure is doing nice things for you!!!

PS  When are you getting more little tidbits to sell in your online "shop?" I was just there yesterday and you're all out!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

I have a terrible time with computers as well... NO website for this young lady until I figure out how to do one myself... I can't see paying to have one done for me. 
Aleta... 100% agreement with Shelli... your site is gorgeous!  Easy for folks like me to figure out, attractive... and the BEARS! 

As for sniping.... ALL my auctions get sniped.  Well, maybe 98% of them.  I guess folks are starting to figure that out, because now, all the action happens in the last 20 seconds or less!  I guess I always feel bad for the poor soul who has put in a nice reasonable bid a day into the auction or so, and then BLAMMO!  They are shot out of the water by just a few bucks.  I know it's completely fair/"legal" to do it...... It's just a real stinker for folks who don't realize that they are going to have to do it to win, or who can't be there for the end of auctions.....

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I guess those of us who are nervous nelies need to get over it or learn how to snipe......I am still really glad for the lady whose bear bear went up over $200.....maybe it wouldn't have bothered her, but psychologically I thought it was better to get it over 200.......hmmm sniping programs......yikes

dilu

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Thank you Shelli and Kim!!   bear_wub I found a great web development company to make up my site for me.  The initial investment was really pretty reasonable (at least to me) and I told them EXACTLY what I wanted....from the colors and text to the scrolly things and bee size.  I'm Miss Picky Pants when it comes to things like that and they didn't even bat an eye.  It is exactly what I wanted in every detail.  I'm able to make new listings myself....it's that easy to operate.  Believe me, it has to be easy for my pea brain.   :redface:

Hugs and more hugs,   :hug:
Aleta

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi t here,
     No Aleta, I think I win the crown for "Computer dummy of the year".  Up until recently, I was afraid to try anything - I didn't want to click a button and not be able to "undo" it.  The only thing I know how to so reasonably well is edit photos, as I also make photo ornaments and jewelry, so it was a case of learning by repetition.   I've had a webside set up for 18 months but have never used it cuz I don't know how to change pics etc.  I've just never given out the address, so there it sits.  A neighbour set it up, but is not longer living here, and I've lost contact.  I'm not even sure I remember the password.  Oh well!   Aleta, I also love your site - simple and easy to get around, and your bears are soooo wonderful, they speak for themselves.
     I snipe at auctions, but don't buy often.  I never thought about opening multiple windows.  I just go keep hitting "bid history" and use a stop watch.  I'll have to try your way, Penny. 

Hugs,

Brenda

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
WildThyme wrote:

As for sniping.... ALL my auctions get sniped.  Well, maybe 98% of them.  I guess folks are starting to figure that out, because now, all the action happens in the last 20 seconds or less!  I guess I always feel bad for the poor soul who has put in a nice reasonable bid a day into the auction or so, and then BLAMMO!

Am I the only one who laughed my butt off. Blammo. ha h ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah a I'm dying here. You have the best humor KIm.

Board footer