Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

sarahjane Brisbane

Well I have made 33 (I think) + 2 not completed yet.....Like Gemma since January 2007.

I have the same issues with children and internet forums!!!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

I'm not a prolific maker as mine are made by hand...I know I started on my second lot of 500 tush tags at the end of last year.
So over almost eleven years, I'd estimate I've made somewhere between 500 and 550 bears. PHEW!

theteddypatch The Teddy Patch/Bear Necessities

I've been making bears and other critters since 1995.  For the first few years I made a lot more than I do now.  I've kept a detailed record of every bear made and who adopted it over the years.  My total of 302 includes teddy bears, dogs and kitties with an occasional squirrel and moose for good measure!

bubbles Bearz by Ilze
Canberra
Acipenser wrote:

Sheesh that's 2.5 bears a week without vacations, holidays or sick days for you and 5 bears a week for your friend. Smaller bears I presume?

I'm not too sure how many Ingrid makes a week - I'll have to ask her.  But yep, she makes minuature bears.

I used to make 4 sometimes 6 bears on average a week (minaitures mostly), without holidays (that was between January 1999 and January 2003)......and they were all handsewn.  Petty crazy, huh?  Gosh, I didn't have a life and hubby was complaining that he did not have a wife any more....not to mention that I missed out on spending quality time with the kids.  I was pretty 'beared out' by that time too.  I had to start scaling down when I fell ill in January 03!  I've made on average about 50 bears a year since then. This year I've decided that, that won't do either.  So I've decided to only make about 3 or 4 bears a month....so far I'm sticking to the plan bear_thumb

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_rolleyes  Bit of a tough question this one as I seem to have lost count how many I have made over the years and that's not counting the ones that didn't make it and ended up in the garbage bin!  bear_grin I suppose now I must make between 2 or 4 a month, sometimes not even that as all my bears are hand sewn.

Hugs Lyn  bear_flower

teeeej Brisbane

dragonweb.JPGallbearslarge.JPGOhh I found my picture of all my bears and things. My first few are at the back - the panda and moose (both craft kits not mohair). I have a few dragons in there too and a little red mini bear which kinda got squished. The orange teddy in the middle is my newest one (pattern from EBearz beginner Bear class). I really love my dragon, so I included an extra pic of it (not a Teddy I know). The pattern is by judith prior, her dragons are soo nice!

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

I didn't have a life and hubby was complaining that he did not have a wife any more

i used to average about two a week when i did minis but now im lucky if i get one done, and my husbands the same, as soon as i mention bears his eyes glaze over! iv been banned from talking about them, so now, i only sew when the kids are in bed and after iv had a cuddle with him too!!
gosh, wev all been busy bees, sounds like we all could do with a few more hours in the day!

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I have been making bears for two years now and I think I have made around 90 bears and that doesn't count the heads that ended up in the bin because they weren't up to scratch bear_laugh
I think this is an interesting thread for those beginners out there that can wonder if they ever will make bears to a standard that they will be happy with because when they see just how many bears that people have made they realise that there has been a lot of time and effort going into achieving your standards.I think with any form of art it takes a lot of time and patience to achieve your goal and if you are prepared to put in the time and effort you will get there eventually.Sorry for rambling bear_happy
Laurie :hug:

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm
teeeej wrote:

I really love my dragon, so I included an extra pic of it (not a Teddy I know). The pattern is by judith prior, her dragons are soo nice!

I like dragons too and your's is really beautiful. Looks like very fiddly work, turning those thin fingers and such. Good job!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

What an interesting thread !  I started in 2003 and have made almost 320 bears.  Many of those were "memory bears" from loved ones fur coats.  Now I only do artist bears so I can take my time, and not feeling rushed to fill Christmas orders !  In 2005 I made about 40 fur bears in 6 weeks leading up to Christmas- that was
insane and I  started to hate bears. So, In 2006 I tested the "artist bear" waters and never looked back !

ingebears Inge Bears
Hermanus (South Africa)
Website

Yep, I've made 2505 miniature bears and their friends since January 1999! It's my full-time career and still enjoying the friendly collectors and feedback.. that keeps me going and always looking forward to make the next little bear, monkey or puppy!  Just created my new website and it's a new stage of my bear career again! Greetings to all you wonderful, friendly bear artists bear_original Ingrid (www.ingebears.com)

Acipenser wrote:
bubbles wrote:

I've made 1064 bears so far (that is since January 1999).  bear_original
Gosh, I thought that was a lot, but my friend Ingrid ( http://www.ingebears.homestead.com ) has made 1857 bears since 2000. Now that is a lot of bears!!

bear_shocked Sheesh that's 2.5 bears a week without vacations, holidays or sick days for you and 5 bears a week for your friend. Smaller bears I presume? I bow to the queens of artist bear production  bear_grin  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer