Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

A-Bear-small-3.JPGA-Bear-small-1.jpgA-Bear-small-2.JPGA-Bear-small-4.jpgHi all, here's my new little guy.  The little booger doesn't have a name yet; every time I suggest one, he just shakes his wee little head 'No!'  The little guy's going to end up with coal in his stocking!

He's just over 2 1/2 inches standing, and just under 2 inches seated.  He's fully jointed and fully armatured for all that fun posing stuff!

And this little guy was hand stitched from my private pattern using none other than Sassy Bears wonderful smokey stuff!  That's a silk ribbon ruff with Japanese glass beads round his neck.  Merry Christmas!

Beary warm wishes,
Kimberly Whitlock

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Oooo I just love him bear_wub
Specially impressed with his adorable ears and toes bear_thumb  bear_thumb
Where is he - I think he should be called - mmm - Twizzle - no reason why just think he might like the name - I will be looking to see what  you call him
:hug:
Anne

Ft. Bragg, NC

Well, my husband has given him the perfect name, and he's givven the little head nod saying he agrees.

So his name is Sebastian.

Oh, and he's not listed on eBay yet, he'll be listed Tuesday, December 13th.  I'll have the link when he's listed!

Kimberly W.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Precious, Kim!

Ft. Bragg, NC

Thank you so much, Ann and Sue!

Kimberly W.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

OH Kimberly,

Sebastian is a perfect name for such a perfect little guy.  I am very impressed.....

He is just beautiful

Our Mini Mavens make such beautiful little ones.....its such a joy to see them.

I am so glad you joined, you bring such beautiful bears to us.

dilu

Ft. Bragg, NC

Awww, thanks Dilu!!  Hey, by the way... The other night I was sitting in bed working on little Sebastian, and that quote kept running through my head OVER and OVER... because I couldn't remember the whole thing and it was driving me CRAZY!!! lol Good Gollies rule... naughty gollies have more fun!

ha ha

Kimberly W.

buttonbears BUTTONBEARS
Holland

Hi Kimberley,

Absolutely adorable, so much character is such a small bear!
Love his ruffles too, subtle and nice!

Marijke bear_wub

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Kim an adorable bear ........... and Sebastain is a great name

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

i think this little guy is going to dogreat for you Kim!  that sassy fabric is so wonderful!  It really does make some sweet little ones, doesn't it!  I think the two tone, light fur with a dark back gives them so much depth and dimension!   bear_thumb

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Ft. Bragg, NC

You are right about that, Kim!  Then add just a touch of shading and viola!  Those little guys just have so much depth!  It's a good thing we have Sassy Bears, or else what would we all do?!?!?! lol  Thanks for pointing me in her direction, Kim!  I really enjoy making the little bears out of the smokey stuff! 

this is also the first time I've tried the nose gloss... I'm liking it!

Kimberly W.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Kim, what a sweetheart! I see you have named him! I am so in love!  bear_wub

Many Hugs Louise

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Wonderful bear Kim. I love his ruffles with beads. Might need to steal that idea some day soon.  bear_tongue

Cheers

Sabine

Ft. Bragg, NC

Hi Sabine,

Steal away!  I 'stole' it from Kim Basta!  Thanks Kim!!!

Oh, by the way, he's been listed on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … %3AIT&rd=1

Kimbelry W.

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

Sebastian is PRECIOUS!! Excellent work, beautiful design, and of course I love the fabric!!   bear_whistle

Ft. Bragg, NC

Hee hee, thanks Stephanie... I got it from this really nice lady who does this GREAT fabric!!!  bear_whistle   I have just fallen in love with the smokey stuff...  It does my best bears!  You DO realize that I'm going to have to keep going back until I have all the colors, right?

Hee hee

Kimberly W.

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

Thanks Kim! It's my favorite too. When I got the first swatch/sample, I fell in love with it and saw the great potential. I'm horrible at shading the faces and this does it for me by only trimming the fur. Believe it or not, when I first got it, no one liked it. It took a while to catch on. Everyone kept asking 'why is the backing black?'. I kept saying, 'once you use it, you'll love it too!' It has such a nice depth to it.
Keep at it, you make beautiful bears!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Kimberly, make a golly and you'll never forget again..... p010.gif

Ft. Bragg, NC

Hey Dilu,

Well, you know what?  when I had that stuck in my head, I didn't even know what a Golly was! (I just found out a couple of days ago... )  I just kept thinking aobut the term 'good golly' and well, you know how it is when you don't associate a word with something, and it sounds out of context.... lol!  I just kept saying, "Good gollies rule.... naughty gollies.... something about fun..." geez....

Ok, i'll quit rambling and go back to making cookies now...  I wouldn't even know where to start on making a golly....  What exactly is a golly?  I mean, where did it come from?

Kimberly W.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Kim, check out this link . . . Dilu has given a fantastic explanation of how gollies came to be.
http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php … 137#p43137

Ft. Bragg, NC

Thanks Sue Ann!  I'll check it out this evening when I have a little more time.  For now we get to do last minute Christmas shopping!!

Yay!!!! lol

Kimberly W.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Sebastion is just out and out gorgious!!!!!! I just adore the minis, but alas I'm all thumbs. Your wonderfully skillful. bear_flower

Ft. Bragg, NC

Matilda,

Thanks so much!  I'm a bit new at this, so I'm still trying to work out little kinks, butam loving making these little guys!!

Kimberly W.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Kimberly it certainly doesnt show. I thought you had been doing these for years. Truely I did. bear_flower

Matilda bear_thumb  Merry Xmas

Ft. Bragg, NC

Thanks Matilda, that certainly is a compliment!!!!  :hug:

Kimberly W.

Board footer