Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Oh Judi, that's fantastic!!!!!!   :hug: I'm really ever so pleased for you ~ heaven's knows you CERTAINLY deserve that amount for all the hard work and detail you put into your creation. 

Such a shame they don't have a category for these two...perhaps we need to explain to the Teddy bear contest people that this is an oversight for them?  And ask that they broaden the "Friends" category?? 

:dance:  :dance: Way to go, Judi!!!   :hug:  :dance:  :dance:

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

:dance: Wow Judi, congratulations.  I must say I really admire your work and I am going to take your airbrushing course.  Being new to bear making there is so much to learn and I want to thank everyone on this forum for being so inspiring.  I have learned alot from everyone on just reading the posts.  Thank you all.

Laurie :clap:  :clap:

clare14 Country Bears
England

Well done Judi, but I've got to ask, how long does it take you to make something like that??   

You must be over the moon!!   bear_thumb

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Fantastic, Judi!  Your creations were absolutely gorgeous and the final value much deserved!  You know, I think the Golden Teddy tableaux allows just animal pairs (no teddy necessary, though unfortunately the deadline has passed for them).   I think it's just the TOBYs that require a bear to be included.   I ran into the same problem with the TOBY requirements, I had a pair of animals I really wanted to create for them until I read the rules a little closer.  Oh well!  Congratulations again on the spectacular sale!
bear_thumb

Hugs,
Kelly

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi  Judi
You go girl- congratulations on a wonderful e-bay auction. I too have been watching this pair since it was first listed and am so happy for you that it was bought for a good price. Keep up the good work you are an inspiration to all of us
Hugs
Gail :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I am overwhelmed by all the support here.  Thank you THANK YOU all of you so very very much. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shari, I don't mind at all that you metioned my sister.  She is so close to my heart every day...in fact I felt goosebumps when you mentioned her.  I think she is letting me know she is close by.

Clare, the airbrushing on this pair took less than an hour.,  What took me the longest was needle felting the hooves on the lamb.  Also, when I was working on her face I thought she looked really goofy...I had to remind myself to "think from the end."  There is armature in all the legs and my needle kept bumping into it so it took quite a while to work around it to get those hooves felted.  I thought I would never get her done.

Ah, Kelly, I should have read the rules a bit closer for the GT Tableaux.  Ah well, there's always next year.  I am looking forward to seeing what everyone here is entering.  Over the past sevral weeks (or more) I have posted my pix of my entires.

Best of luck to everyone.!  AND I won't ever forget the overwhelming kindness and support of all you lovely ladies (and gentlemen) on this board. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Judi congratulations I am so happy for you .....well deserved ....

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Congratulation Judy what a stunning pair

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

bear_thumb  I have not seen the picture , saw the price mentioned somewhere, looks like Judi has achieved a great sale. Congradulations Judi well done.

bear_thumb
Lynette

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

WOW Judi! What a fabulous auction! But I have to agree that you should be getting at LEAST that for your stunning pieces every time. It's true also, that having your work recognised as such a valuable commodity must be worth more than any price tag!

It's only a matter of time my friend and you will be pulling it in BIG time...and we are all SO pleased for you and so proud to know you. You are one of the humblest, most gentle people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and I hope that the future holds the answer to all your dreams. You are an inspiration and role model for us all. bear_wub  :hug:

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

Congrats on your fabulous sale!!  Your creations are awe-inspiring, and deserved to bring every penny!   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:

Thanks for letting us share in the excitement, and joy!   
Lynne

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Yes I saw Judi's Lion & lamb at eBay !!  bear_wub   bear_wub   
Congratulations Judi !!!!!  :clap:   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:
You really deserved !!   :hug: 

Hugs/Marie

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Way to go Judi! I was so excited for you to see that your auction went so well! Your work is so artistic and creative that it deserves to go for those prices all of the time! Congratulations!!!!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

These have to be some of the nicest words I have ever heard.  I truly don't know what to say except that I am deeply touched by all the kindness on this board. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Thank you ladies! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

I'm SOOOO pleased to read these posts because I missed the end of the auction and was dying to know the result.   GO JUDI :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Your work is truly stunning and its always nice to know that all that effort is appreciated.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Congrats Judi, they were wonderful pieces, well deserved acolades too....  :clap:

Kingfisher Farm Teddies Kingfisher Farm Teddies and Folk Art
Illinois

well deserved.........I loved this set! Pam

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Big congrats Judi.  It is so nice to see you receive the well deserved recognition for your hard work-especially on fickle ebay .  The set is so stunning - as usual !    :clap:  :clap:

Board footer