Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance: Congratulations Sue Ann and Shelli well deserved  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

ScottBear scott's bears

Congrats to both of you !!! well done !!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
BearHugs
Scott

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA
gotobedbears wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH !

http://www.100megspop3.com/grangran/BearGlobe1D.gif

You both deserve it - you make fab bears, and piggies  bear_tongue

Well done to Judi too for her FOUR nominations - this is beginning to sound like the Oscars!!!!

bear_wub  BIG HUGS TO YOU ALL  bear_wub

Penny  :hug:

IT IS PENNY, THE TEDDY OSCARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

WOW !! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm that stoked you would think I won it!!! hahahahahh
hahahhahahyippeee yahoooooooo!!!!!!!!

And thankyuo Judi for spilling the beans and a big congrats for the four nominations,
OOOOHHHHH!!!!! this is wonderful news. I feel priviledged to know you ladies

matildaxxxx :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :hug:
:hug:  :hug:  :clap:  bear_flower  bear_flower

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Woohoo!!!! Congrats to you both, Shelli and Sue Ann! And I have all available fingers crossed for those who are still waiting to hear....  bear_flower

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Congratulations !!!!! I'm so happy for you ! And it's so well deserved ! Lots and lots of hugs, friends ! :hug:  :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

sueanntoby.jpgFantastic news well done Sue Ann.  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Good luck.

Hugs Jane  bear_thumb

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

shellitoby.jpgFantastic news well done Shelli.    :dance:  :dance:  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:  :dance:                 
Good luck.

Hugs Jane   bear_thumb

Irene Irenours-bears
France

SUPER to you ladys, you really deserve it  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

:clap:  :dance: Bravo Shelli & Sue Ann!!!!!!  I am completely thrilled for the both of you!!!!

:dance:  :clap:  :dance:  :clap:

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :clap:  :clap: CONGRATULATIONS SUE ANN AND SHELLI!!!!!!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Wow, Congratulations!!!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap: where's the RED Carpet. You all totally deserve it.
Hugs!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Congratulations Sue Ann and Shelli!  :bday:  :dance:  :clap:  bear_flower  bear_original So very deserving.   bear_wub I'm delighted for you both!  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Warmest and biggest hugs and best wishes too,  :hug:
Aleta

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Shelli and Sue Ann!! Oh my that is the most glorios new guys! I am not at all surprised and I am sure that you both will be celebrating tonight!! All our love!

Hugs and Congrats Louise and Garnet!!

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

Congratulations to you both - you so deserve it. Your bears/pig are works of art.

Fingers crossed that you both win your sections.

ellen ontario, canada

congrrrrrrrats to you both!  what wonderful news!
:clap:    bear_flower

yosemitebearworks Oakhurst, CA
Website

Congratulations!!!   What a well-earned honor for you both!!  I know you won't just sit back on your laurels -- and that there will be even greater works from both of you in the years ahead -- I can't wait!!!  (My exclamation-point key is getting worn out -- but it's worth it)  Great job Shelley and Sue-Ann!!

Hugs,  Donna B

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: congratulations, Shelli and sue-Ann! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
You so well deserve it!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Thank you all, so much, for the congratulations.  It's a lovely thing to get a nomination, and the validation and credibility it lends just can't be understated.  I'm very honored and very grateful and very, very, very excited, to the point of doing a little hoppy happy dance all over my house since yesterday, which doesn't seem likely to stop any time soon!

While acknowledging how really exciting and wonderful it is to get a nomination, I do try to keep it in perspective.  I believe that it's true that only very good pieces get nominated, and that makes me feel really proud and full of delight!  But I believe it's equally true that many very good pieces do not get nominated.   

So I hope that any of you, reading this, who entered a contest this year, and are now questioning the worth of your work and your artistry, and are feeling the same sting of disappointment and insecurity that I felt a week or so ago (when the GT nominations came out and I -- among so many others -- didn't get one), will remind yourselves that it's not a nomination, in and of itself, that determines whether or not your work is "good" or has "appeal."  And this is not just a steaming pile of reassuring pablum; but rather, the plain truth of it, I believe. 

This is the same peptalk I gave myself a week ago, because I believe it to my very core.  Artists, by nature, are so ego-invested in their work that when a piece misses out on a prize, it feels like we, as human beings, miss that prize too.  But that little detachment between "self" and "product" is so healthy!  So I hope anyone feeling left out or unworthy or any of those other emotions that those "unrecognized" can succumb to, will take a minute to remind him or her self that it's how YOU feel about your work -- are you doing the best you can do? -- and how your COLLECTORS and RETAILERS feel about your work -- are you sought after? -- that best inform you about your appeal and worth.

Thank you, really, from the bottom of my heart, for your warm congratulations.  I hope I don't sound preachy.  I guess it's just that, as one of those empathetic, nurturing, co-dependent types, it's hard to feel giddy and jubilant about something so terrifically exciting, when I know other people are feeling "passed over" or worthless ... even as, at the same time, they feel happy for me.

Hugs to you all,  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Shelli says it so well . . . she's a master at putting the printed word into thoughtful, intelligent, warm, meaningful sentiments - as well as making beautiful creations out of fur.  I simply echo her thoughts.  I am so very honored that Dumplin' was selected as a TOBY Industry's Choice Winner; and I'm also sure that many deserving entries didn't make the cut - how on earth do the judges make those choices???  It would totally freak me out!  bear_wacko
Yet, not winning awards doesn't mean that an artist's work is not remarkable and of great quality. . . it's what appeals to the judge for that particular moment in time. 

Many, many thanks for the congratulations and warm wishes from all of you wonderful people . . . you're so much a part of my daily life now, that I feel like I've not seen my family enough if I don't log on 5 -6 times a day.  Your virtual world-wide support and friendship is astonishing and fully appreciated.  Jane, you're a doll for putting up the photos of mine and Shelli's honorees . . . thanks a bunch!  Fingers and toes crossed for the rest of you who entered that have not heard - much good luck!  I adore all of you . . .  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Dearest Shelli,  bear_original
Your sentiment is heartfelt.  Bless you.  You're right, not receiving a nomination doesn't mean your work is not worthy.  To me, it means it just wasn't my moment to shine.  My moment to shine will perhaps come later this year.......then again, I may never be the brightest star.  That's okay.  I'm secure in my own work knowing that what I do makes other people happy.  Isn't that really what it's all about anyway?  bear_original

Warmest and biggest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Congrats to you, Shelli & Sue Ann...and Judi too!!   You are all very deserving of such a great acknowledgement of your hardwork, dedication and extreme creativity.

Fingers crossed for a Teddy Talk Sweep (everyone wins).

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

We can't all win because my pig and Judi's tiger are in the same category.  But it's a nice thought!  And last year Judi (and Nancy) toasted me for my skunk win in the GT contest, so this year I'll be happy to toast Judi's tiger! bear_original

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon
Shelli wrote:

We can't all win because my pig and Judi's tiger are in the same category.  But it's a nice thought!

Well poo...

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I think one of the beautiful things about Shelli and Judi being such good friends is that no matter who wins, if either of them are lucky enough to, the other will be genuinely happy and excited. 

I think it says a lot about the immpeccable character of both these ladies. 

And I know they are genuinely hoping that other TeddyTalker nomines win as well.....

Best wishes, heart felt hopes and prayers for all, Congratulations to our TeddyTalk Ladies who have worked so hard, and given so much of themselves to us.....

fingers crossed and breath held!

dilu

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Shelli, no matter what happens I am just thrilled to be nominated and to be in the same catagory.  Your piggie is just fabulous and no matter what the outcome you'll always be a star.  Whether you "win" or not....you've already won. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer