Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I think so too, Judi. 

Better watch your back, tho, sister.  Because my flying pig is ready to kick your tiger's toothy behind to kingdom come!

(*Kidding, of course*)

bear_original

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

....not if he eats your tasty ham, bacon, and ribs first!!!  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh   hhhhmmmm.....I getting hungry

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

WAY TO GO GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hugely pleased for both of you.  This is news of the most excellent kind!!!!!

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

DebbieD Posts: 3,540
Judi wrote:

....not if he eats your tasty ham, bacon, and ribs first!!!  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh   hhhhmmmm.....I getting hungry

bear_tongue Thanks for that...its made me hungry too, as well as giving me a laugh!!!  bear_laugh  bear_grin

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Congratulations to the both of you  :dance:  :clap:  :hug: You must be so excited.

Hugs
Vicki

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Congratulations to JARED as well!  I see the full list just got posted on TB&F and includes Jared's Pudgie Fudgie!  Picture, picture, picture????

http://www.teddybearandfriends.com/foru … owtopic=93

And what a powerhouse list of nominees it is  bear_original
Hugs to all,
Kelly

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Oh, I didn't realize that.  Yay for Jared!!!! :)

Thanks for posting Kelly!

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

Shelli, SueAnn and Judi -

The best of the best to the best.  Congratulations - you are most deserving.

Jill

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Lynn

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

The view from the other end of the phone...

I love calling people with good news, especially related to the TOBYs. I get that first gasp, the first reaction, the outpouring of emotion that is so honest and so heartfelt. Those moments mean so much to me. Not only do I get to share the best kind of good news, but the news, and by extension the magazine and me with it, are meaningful to someone...to you. It feels good to be reminded of that.

At the same time, in making some people happy, I know that I am disappointing others. I know that there are people who have tried so hard, who have done wonderful, beautiful, original work, who will be disappointed. Who will wonder why theirs wasn't good enough this year. Who might question their talent. And, as happy as I am for the people I call, my heart breaks a little for those I don't.

And it makes me downright snuffly to read all of the wonderful, encouraging messages that all of you are posting for both the people who have won and those who didn't.

This will seem silly, but it reminds me of a citizenship award that my junior high used to give--probably still does. Every month, we had an all-school assembly. Around 30 kids would be called up on stage as nominees, and a few would win the award. I was nominated several times, and stood up there while other kids' names were called. I was happy for my friends when they won, but it was hard to put on a brave face when I didn't--and even harder when I wasn't nominated and had to wonder why. I've won and lost a lot of things since I was 12, but the experience of that award has stayed with me.

So, thank you. Thank you for participating, for standing up and trying, regardless of the outcome. Thank you for sharing your delight when you win, and your disappointment when you don't. Thank you for supporting your friends and being happy for people you might not even know. Thank you for trying again, in the awards or with a new design or by sending pictures or going to a show or calling a retailer. You honor all of us--fellow artists, collectors, magazines, retailers, suppliers, and all the rest--with your effort.

Hugs!
Mindy

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

What a really and truly lovely message, Mindy; thanks so much for taking the time, and having the heart, to share it. 

bear_flower

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Well done Mindy!!  it was great to hear what it is like from your end as well.

i am so happy for my friends I could gollygiggle!

dilu

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Well, Shelli, Sue Ann, Judi and Jared! We toast all of you! You are not only wonderful artists with a talent worthy of sharing with the world but wonderful human beings to say the least. To all of those who entered and did not receive a call, you too are huge winners because you had the courage and fortitude to present your artistic abilities for judging. We all hate to be judged, and we all should remember it is not in the judging alone and makes our creations wonderful, but in in the gift and privelage of creating!

Many hugs and much love to all!!!

Louise and Garnet

yosemitebearworks Oakhurst, CA
Website

Judi,   The good news just keeps coming.  Great going!!  Your pieces are beyond fantastic and certainly deserve all the attention they are getting.  Two more stars in your crown!! The only problem will be when it comes time to vote, I don't know how in the world I could choose between your and Shelley's pieces.  I think we should call it a tie right now. 

Hugs,  :hug: 
Donna B

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

That's fantastic news, Judi, though not totally unexpected!!!! Congratulations!  bear_thumb  bear_flower

clare14 Country Bears
England

Wow Shelli, SueAnn, Judi and Jared, WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!   So priveleged to be in your company you CLEVER THINGS!!!!     :dance:

All the very best to ALL OF YOU!!!   :hug:  :hug:

Densteds Densteds
Website

Sue Ann, Shelli, Judi...

My sincerest congratulations....to 3 extreme talents  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

biggest hugs,
Denise.

vkallum Humble-Crumble Collectors Bears
Essex, England
Website

CONGRATULATIONS SHELLI AND SUE ANN!  YOU MUST BOTH BE THRILLED! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

I got the phone call while sitting in North Carolina at the airport waiting for our flight home. So what a way to learn!
So I guess this means that atleast Jared will be headed to Las Vegas. Not that I ever really cared to go there.
I expect that everyone will vote for Pudgie Fudgie.  bear_grin (just kidding!)

Congrats to Judi, Shelli, Sue Ann! And Best of Luck!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Way to go girls!!!! Hugs  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Congrats!

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

I am so happy for all of you who got the Toby nod, you all are such wonderful artists and I am just over the moon for you. I read Shelli's post and I just giggled at the thought of her doing the happy dance all over the house.  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
I must say one post made me want to write, Aleta you are a shining star, as an artist your work just amazes me, it is so lovely and beautiful I am in awe of it. I have never seen a bear of yours that wssn't outstanding. 
Hugs
Jodi Moisan

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Congratulations to you both Sue Ann and Shelli. :clap:

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Berta Hesen-Minten has also been nonimated and won a TOBY Industry's Choice award in the new category of special category for Needle Felting.

Berta! Post your tiny Teddy's picture!!!!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Yes... I am dying to see Berta's nominated bear!!!!!!  I am sure it's absolutely wonderful!!!!!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

What a wonderful post by Mindy Kinsey.  She said it all, didn't she?

Conrgratulations to you too Jared :clap: .  I hope you'll post of picture of Pudgie Fudgie :pray:

The kindness just keeps pouring in....what a group we have here :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Thank you :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

.....wow...what day...... bear_innocent

Board footer