Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Pages:
duff Deedle Bears
Dallas

Hi Sandy, 

I am terribly sorry that you and Magic are going through this.  I know the fear, anxiety, and suffering that goes along with this.  My Big Guy Jet recently had surgery for a blocked intestinal track and it was horrible, very similar to what you are going through with Magic.    The good news is that he did pull through, and three months out he is back to his old big goofy self.   I too was very thankful that I was able to afford the surgery, so to speak and I would do it all over again and again.  He is a cane corso (was Zara a CC?)       My heart and prayers go out to you and your family and Magic.   

I know you have a lot to deal with now but I was thinking if you do a flyer you might want to post a PDF of it and we all can post it at our local stores along with the link to the site you are putting together.   I know I will be talking to my favorite store (lucky, that it is family owned and possibly they will listen)  to let them know about this.  I had no idea Greenies were so bad but thankfully due to the cost I have never used them. 

Everyone should be aware that any hard treat, Hooves, bones, rawhide, etc. are very dangerous.  Unfortunately hind site is 20/20.   I beat myself up for weeks think, what if.    You can't do that to your self.  The best thing to do is get the word out like you are and we can all support you in that effort.

Again, many hugs and prayers for you anf Magic :hug:

Duff

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Sandy, I am praying for Magic - I do hope she gets well.  It's nice to know she is getting the best possible care.  I wanted to thank you for your information on Greenies.  We were at my nieces for dinner last night, and I told her about Magic and she pulled a box of Greenies out of their pet food cupboard.  She had received them from her dad for Chrismas for their dog Cider, and had been using them.  I just wanted you to know that they are now in the garbage, so you have been instrumental in saving Cider from a possibly similar fate -THANK YOU!!!  I hope you know how grateful I am to have this info and will send it to everyone I know that owns a dog!  Take care and thinking about all of you.

Hugs,

Brenda

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

HI Sandy,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Magic.
Thanks for the update and we really hope to hear some good news.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad
Oh Sandy, your and Magic's suffering hurts my heart!  I am praying that she will pull through okay.  Our pets are our children, and it is a horrible thing when one is sick like this.  I too went the surgery route with our English mastiff a couple of years ago.  He had injured a hind leg and had a resulting growth deformity in the femur that would eventually cripple him, so I took him in to have it corrected.  The vet hospital bills are so expensive!  I sucked it up and paid it anyway----Golly's my baby! 

:pray: Praying for you,
:hug:
Tracy

krystolla Fuzzbutt Bears
Columbus Ohio

Thanks for posting the news about Magic. I don't have dogs but I have been feeding Greenies to my cats (the feline treats). Definitely no more of that, I haven't seen any reports of cats getting sick but a company that lies about one product (or screws up the testing) is likely to be messing up elsewhere.

My S.O. just got out of the hospital for Crohn's disease (basically intestinal allergies) and I do not want to go through that again with any more family members. I know my big Maine Coons were certainly not carefully chewing those tiny treats.

-- Erika

krystolla Fuzzbutt Bears
Columbus Ohio

According to this article, the Greenies company is compensating pet owners for vet bills:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/ba … mailedlink

"Roetheli said adverse incidents are rare, and when they do happen the company has offered to compensate pet owners for medical bills and other costs."

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Oh that will be of big help to you..not much comfort but at least it may take the edge off the worry if they are doing it.  I hope she gets better very soon.

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

oh hon I am sorry to hear about your dog. I know how you feel. I just lost a old friend. But, Magic is still here and it sounds like there is hope. My postive thoughts are with you and Magic.
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs Kassity

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Its so heartwrenching to hear .....I still have my fingers tightly crossed Magic will pull through and have a full recovery.  So hard to believe what companies will put forward as 'safe'....

Love Bud Bears Love Bud Bears by Sandy
New Jersey

HI, I've been wanting to give an update on Magic but I had to wait to hear from the doctor first. My poor girl just got out of her third surgery. She was doing a little better last night but this morning her fever shot up & her infection went out of control. I went to visit her & cried the whole time I was there. It's so heart breaking seeing her like that. I was told I had to make the decision to try one last surgery or say good by. Of course I wanted to do which ever was best for her- but I didn't like either choice. Dr. Kulp insured me that she still has a good chance of recovery if he did the surgery but no guarantees. When she found the strength to put her paw on my knee I knew I couldn't give up on her. So they opened her up, fixed up her intestines again & totally flushed her out. She still doesn't have any protein in her blood so that's why she's having such a hard time healing. Were continuing with the human blood protein which is $2,000.00 a day for the amount she needs. She's getting the very best care possible so now all I can do is hope & pray for a miracle. If she doesn't start improving in 2 -3 days ---- Well, I don't even want to think about that I'm still keeping the faith.   
One good thing thanks so much to Erika's link about the manufacture just deciding last week to pay for the medical bills. Their way to try & act like they give a crap. I contacted them & they are starting an investigation into my claim & will consider paying the bills. Which will be a huge help since there is no way I'll be able to pay it off any time in the next few years. Her bill is now an unbelievable amount of $18,000.00 & I'm sure increasing by the minute. The amount hasn't really hit me yet since all I care about is her getting better. All I can say is Please prevent your dog or others from suffering & your heart from breaking- BOYCOTT GREENIES !!   
Please don't feel you have to post any replies (hope that doesn't sound rude it's not meant to be) - I know everyone is sending their best wishes & long distance hugs (I really need them) & I know Magic & me are in all your prayers. I'm so emotionally drained & I'm off to bed. I'll post if any changes ~ Good Night Sandy     :pray:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Sandy, I'm so sorry Magic has to undergo a third surgery!  I can't imagine what she has gone through (and you too).  I'm also writing to tell you that they had a segment on the 6:00 p.m. news in Toronto tonight about Greenies.  A lady had lost her small dog in a very similar sitution as Magic is enduring.  Her vet was on the news, and said he is removing them from the products they sell at their clinic, and is recommending to all his patients that they not be used.  They also had the makers of Greenies on the news and they were saying that the incidence of dogs with problems was only 1 in 8 million - well, it sounds like a lot higher than that, or they wouldn't be offering to pay vet bills.  The good news is, it sounds like more and more people are finding out about Greenies so less animals will suffer.   I will continue to to tell my friends with dogs to boycott the product.  Keeping you all in our prayers!

Hugs,

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh wow, Sandy . . . I can't imagine how awful you feel . . . my sympathies for all the grief you are having to endure!  And poor little Magic - a third surgery!  She has so much courage that I know she's going to try to pull through.  Good thoughts continuing to head your way.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Sandy   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

We also had a segment on the Channel 7 news in Chicago.  I emailed them your story right away so that they would know there ARE more cases like this out there!!!

lulu sweet souls
canton, new york

Sandi,

I just wanted you to know that I'm praying for the recovery of your dear Magic.  I bet you haven't slept in days. :Please let us know how things are going when you are able.  It seems like we are all having a terrible time with our fur babies lately.  I lost my best friend, Pebbles, just a few weeks ago and it feels like things will never be the same.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

(((( big hugs)))) 

LuLu

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

So sorry Sandi...sending you hugs..as a doggie mummy my heart breaks for you
xo sarah

Pages:

Board footer