Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
whiteforestbears wrote:

Dilu - I wanted to tell you that I ordered some felting stuff from MIELKES on your recommendation and they were fabulous!

THAT IS WHERE I ORDER FROM (thanks to Dilu's suggestion) THEY ARE AWESOME! great prices, great service, great products!

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

"batt" it's clean wool the is fed through the carding machines just a few times so that the fibres are going in all directions. "Roving" is clean wool that if fed through the carding machine multiple times and "combed" so all the fibres are going in one direction... note how you can see this in the picture. Roving is what spinners use they just pull strands from the roving to spin. I like batt better for felting. Remember all wools don't felt.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Gidday!!... I am amazed at the amount to be learnt about the wool we use for felting.
I gave my supplier instructions on the wool. She had no idea that there were different types. Like Batt, roving, core.   I picked up what I thought was just a new( blened mix of colours ) in a batt. I had the oportunity to felt with it the other day. AND........ I couldnt believe it. !!!!! HONEST...... it felted ROCK HARD in only a few minutes.
I wish I new what makes this batt different from others that I use.  I just wish this business knew something about what they are selling and or kept better details about where they got each type of fibre......
I may have to try source my own fibre from the original growers. (pipe dream).
Gotta go possums. Take care, Wendy bear_thumb

Board footer